Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Essential Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, test, assemble, disassemble and perform visual inspection of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Assist in reworking, repairing and modifying non-conforming equipment.
- Perform complex and difficult tests with minimal instruction and documentation.
- Ability to identify and communicate technical problems by using logical troubleshooting techniques. Provide coaching to other technicians in areas of proven competence.
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
- Advanced skills in soldering and assembling of electro-mechanical devices.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices.
- Proficient in the use of multimeters,megohm meters, hi-pot testers and other basic instruments.
- Proficient in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes. Advanced computer skills.
- Technical diploma or Associates degree in Electrical or Mechanical field.
- Versed in fluid power technology, AC/DC circuits and electro-mechanical devices.
- Proficient in the use of oscilloscopes.
- 2+ years maintenance related experience in electro-mechanical function or minimum 2 years relevant industrial experience (airline, military,oilfield, automotive, electronic).
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more