Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for an Information Technology (IT) Manager for SAP Advanced Planning Optimization (APO) or Oracly Supply Chain Planning supporting the BHGE Digital Technology (DT) organization in Houston, TX. This IT manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and sustaining Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) and other Supply Chain Planning software/applications, across product lines in support of the value chain. Provides people leadership including budget, resource allocation and performance development. Works with a single team, across teams, or entire BHGE product lines to implement digital technology strategies. May manage employees or contractors in multiple distinct areas of work.Essential Responsibilities:
- Manages IT software/application lifecycle from cradle to grave, including vendor relationship. Responsible for identifying opportunities for process standardization across product lines and geographies, to drive measurable value that impacts BHGE financials.
- Owns, manages and nurtures the relationship with internal S&OP and Planning business partners, seeks alignment in vision, strategy and tactical actions. Communicates effectively across the organization. Manages business expectations, evaluates risk, generates alternatives, and balances priorities and service level.
- Understands current business initiatives, technology trends and best practices for value creation.
- Establishes governance structure that identifies key performance indicators, sets milestones, and establishes a reporting cadence. Ensures that the software/application development process abides by all defined cross-discipline standards and all compliance and regulatory requirements. Has financial responsibility and accountability for the sustainability of DT software/applications.
- Pragmatic Solution builder that understands the balance between Process, People and Technology. Works collaboratively with peer DT colleagues. Adheres, follows and improves shared DT procedures. Establish alliances and foster affinity and team spirit.
- Manages DT program / project / agile teams, including cross-functional staff or external consultants. Develop high-performing teams through functional and technical leadership skills. Provide coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities, to direct/indirect reports within a broader team.
- Will influence beyond the scope of their immediate business segment, potentially across modalities and CoEs. Defines and implements processes for coordination and communication between organizations and with BHGE stakeholders. Works closely with software/application release management to ensure that BHGE digital IT deliverables are coordinated with corresponding deliverables from other BHGE organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience with Information Technology along with established leadership across the discipline and function
- Proven experience on the implementation and sustainability of industry-leading IT solutions in S&OP and materials planning such as SAP IBP, SAP APO DP/SNPOracle SCP Cloud, Oracle Demantra etc.
- Ample experience with S&OP, Demand and Supply Planning processes and tools along with other business processes such as sales, procurement, inventory, logistics, etc.
- Experience and understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Power Point, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience using Excel or MS Project as a project management tools
- Proven track record of setting targets, executing a plan, and delivering results.
- Proven track record of strong people management within at least one discipline and/or expertise within the discipline. Measures the impact of trends (cyclical or a shift) and takes action.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and influencing skills from both a strategic and technical standpoint across the function and business in a complex global matrix organization. Places high emphasis on strategy & influence. Ability to influence at the peer level is key.
- Ability to decompose problems and make decisions when problems or solutions are not 100% defined. Strong business analysis and problem problem-solving skills. Ability to plan and provide structure and organization in a fast paced, changing environment. Effectively manages risk and uncertainty for self and team. Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team.
- Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions. Evaluates applications & processes to assure compliance.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Must be willing to travel 20-30% both domestic and international
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Houston TX
- APICS or Six Sigma certifications preferred
- Experience with Visio flowcharting and MS Access a plus
Houston, TX 77073
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more