To support the increasing global network within BHGE we are expanding our Network team with an opportunity for an experienced senior network engineer. The successful candidate will be part of a global team responsible for BHGE's network design and roadmap, will technically lead major global programs, drive continuous improvement and be a subject matter expert resolving any critical issues that may be escalated. Essential Responsibilities:
- Design/engineer the BHGE global network environment
- Develop and maintain system architecture and design documentation
- Lead major global programs, technical engineering and design work
- Responsible for complex/critical incident troubleshooting, complex change implementation, and work on critical hub /core environments
- Provide highest level support and escalation of critical network-related incidents and outages from BHGE Network Operations Center
- Lead technical resolution of network-related Major Incidents working with multiple teams on outage bridges
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or 10 years equivalent work experience
- CCIE certified or equivalent certification.
- Travel 10%
- Excellent communication skills: clear written and verbal communication. Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts and influence the future direction of the products / services that are supported
- Excellent collaboration skills: ability to work with other network operations engineers and cross-functional peers
- Deep understanding of networking technologies, security, routing (particularly BGP), switching, LAN/WAN & cloud connectivity.
- Self-motivated and passionate about learning new technologies.
- Excellent understanding of network terminology, troubleshooting concepts, and full stack connectivity
- Ability to lead mission based teams to roll out programs / technologies / tools on a global basis.
- Ability to identify the steps needed to accomplish a task and to lead an initiative / project manage it to completion.
- Ability to lead multiple teams of engineers to complete critical programs simultaneously.
- Strong ability to work on major outages while maintaining the ability to think critically and remain calm and composed. Ability to proactively identify areas of need and lead the effort to remediate them.
- Experience working in a diverse, globally distributed team
- Knowledge and experience of working within an ITIL framework
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more