Our team, Enterprise Architecture, works in a complex environment that places high demands on our architects; we value ownership, imagination, courage to take risks, and the ability to navigate through ambiguity. The Principal Enterprise Architect (Application Architecture Focus) provides strategic direction, leadership, and vision to define and implement the enterprise application platform strategy. Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of Principal Enterprise Architect, you will:
- Define strategy, technical capabilities, and architecture for application platforms to support both enterprise as well as commercial development teams; while employing industry standards to provide a secure, innovative, and cost-effective environment to solve some of the most demanding technical challenges.
- Work with key constituents from the business and technical domains to include developers, architects, product managers, as well as executive leaders to establish a shared vision, from strategy to implementation of advanced cloud application platforms
- Effectively monitor and control costs in the organization, through architectural guidance
- Lead and coordinate technical domain discussions relative to current and future cloud platforms, for both enterprise and commercial solutions. Defines technical capabilities required to realize business capabilities across multiple business domains, defines architecture for those technical capabilities, and a road map for implementation.
- Participate in the Enterprise Architecture governance model, its definition and effective execution
- Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, as well as industry and market trends to assist in product development and/or operational support activities for multiple teams or complex scenarios
- Provide guidance to solution architects as they work tactical engagements and take the role of solution architect for highly complex engagements, that require new platform capabilities to be defined
- Provide leadership, technology guidance and mentors others within their technical domain
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent training/experience
- At least 8+ years of industry experience building and maintaining internet-facing infrastructure platforms, and applications
- At least 3+ years of design and build experience in a public cloud environment
- At least 2+ years of experience designing cloud infrastructure, commercial/enterprise products, and platform as a service with container orchestration
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Houston, TX (preferred), Cincinnati, Ohio or New Orleans, Louisiana
- Expert in cloud computing, including security, automation, and usage personas (developer, infrastructure architect, etc.) with an emphasis on Amazon Web Services; AWS Certification Preferred. Deep expertise and hands-on experience with AWS IaaS and Infrastructure as Code capabilities
- Design and deployment of global, highly available, large enterprise and commercial scale cloud infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of cloud and physical/virtual infrastructure concepts, technologies and patterns.
- Expert in Distributed application design (e.g. microservices architecture), full-stack development, and CI/CD platforms.
- Expert in Software lifecycle, revision, release management.
- Experience promoting collaboration across multiple agile teams, and can advise on appropriate organization (e.g. Tribe, Chapter, Guilds).
- Experience guiding application architects and software engineers in application design, utilization of frameworks, application performance monitoring.
- Experience with automated functional and performance testing.
- Docker Container Orchestration with Kubernetes (AWS deployment preferred).
- Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, or Ansible)
- Cloud orchestration (Cloud Formation, Terraform, Scalr, BOSH, etc,)
- Cloud Security technology and best practices using AWS Security Groups, IAM/S3 Policy, Web Application Firewalls (WAF)
- Authentication and Authorization technologies (LDAP, Kerberos, Active Directory)
- Authentication and Authorization protocols (e.g. OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML)
- Networking concepts and protocols (DNS, VPN, etc.)
- Design/Development skills in cloud native applications, using various technologies (e.g. Spring Boot, Java, NodeJs, Ruby, GO, .Net), utilizing microservices design.
- Demonstrated ability to work on and provide technology leadership to development and infrastructure teams
- Experience with application build automation tools like Apache Maven, Jenkins, Concourse, and Git supporting continuous integration / continuous deployment capabilities (CI/CD)
- Agile/Scrum methodology
New Orleans, LA