BHGE is looking for a Systems Administration Specialist with general experience in LAN/WAN network engineering (including network design), installation, configuration, and maintenance of various network equipment (routers, switches and associated technologies, as well as at least five (05) years of experience with Telecommunication's technology (VSAT, Cellular, BGAN).
The role of Systems Administration Specialist is to interpret a customer request and then transform that request into a successful project. A successful project is one that meets the customer's requirements, is delivered on time, and has a positive impact on the business of BHGE.
The Systems Administration Specialist
is responsible for all aspects of a project necessary to achieve successful implementation. This includes project management, pre-sales, customer service, solution design, implementation and technical support. The bespoke nature of the account requires this role to be filled by very high functioning individual who can independently work to achieve the customer's requirements, perform well in a high-pressure environment, and interact with both junior and senior client staff in a professional manner. The Business Operations Engineer will act as lead engineers for the service operations team and may occasionally act as team lead when the acting team lead is out of office.
This position is located in Broussard, LA USA, proving primary Field Communications Support for NAM - GOM. Global Communications Support is also required for this role.QualificationsBasic Qualifications
- The primary technology areas covered by the Systems Administration Specialist are:
- LAN, MAN and WAN devices.
- Cisco Routing and Switching - CCIE level knowledge
- VSAT, BGAN and Cellular Technologies
- Bachelor's Degree with 1-2 years or 5-9 Years oilfield operational experience.
- Meeting with the Business, Customers, Systems Integration, and other IT departments to gather technical requirements for business justification of projects.
- Verifying technical requirements for projects.
- Communicating the Business requirements to multiple vendors to design and vet the solutions.
- Obtaining approvals from the Business and Field Connectivity Management for the connectivity options.
- Implementing the connectivity solutions per customer requirements and approvals.
- Coordinating all support of connectivity solutions with vendors, Customer, Business and other third parties.
- Designing appropriate communication solutions based on the Business Requirements.
- Collaborating with Field Communications Network Engineers, Managers and other IT departments to refine solutions and obtain necessary approvals.
- Presenting the communication solutions to the Business and obtain their signoff.
- Updating communication solutions as necessary based on changes in the requirements.
- Developing a High-level plan at project initialization that will guide the project through the requirements and pre-sales stage.
- Developing a Detailed project plan that will guide the project through the solution design, procurement, and delivery stages.
- Holding regular meeting with stakeholders to track progress and communicate issues, and delegate tasks.
- Updating the project plans and other project deliverables as necessary.
- Coordinating all implementation activities to ensure proper delivery of the communications solutions per requirements.
- Determining implementation time frames and risks.
- Coordinating and gaining consensus on change windows with change management and other IT teams and submission and tracking of Change Management tickets for implementation.
- Coordinating the installation of equipment and connections with Move/Add/Change team.
- Testing of connectivity solutions post implementations.
- Ensuring Compliance of all Changes with standards.
- Delivering all Projects and Changes "Right the First Time" as most of our SLA for service uptime are 99.999% and greater.
- Traveling to various customer sites when required.
- Providing Global Tier 2 Technical Support for requests and incidents.
- Provide Technical consultation as requested by the customer.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Assist in additional assigned roles as required.
- Certification(s) Minimum Cisco certifications (CCNA, CCNP), can be replaced by experience in the field.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more