At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is currently hiring a Senior Financial Auditor based in Houston, Texas.
You will be part of a high performing team that solves complex problems while delivering assurance and consulting services for the company globally. Project assignments include financial and operational audits, value-added consulting engagements in areas such as manufacturing, logistics management, procurement and invoicing and/or other compliance and controls related projects as requested by management.Essential Responsibilities:
- Execute financial and operational assurance and consulting engagements worldwide
- Develop an understanding of processes, risks and opportunities through research and interviews with subject matter expert employees
- Design and perform data analytics and other procedures to meet engagement objectives
- Develop sound recommendations for improvements to controls and business processes
- Communicate recommendations to all levels of management through presentations and report writing
- Document work performed to support conclusions and recommendations
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or other technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in auditing, consulting, or other relevant financial or operational experience
- Advanced PC skills, including Word and Excel
- Intellectual curiosity and a commitment to personal development
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong technical, analytical and decision making skills
- Professional assertiveness and strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Master's or advanced degree preferred
- Active CPA or CIA certification
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Must have the ability to travel globally up to 20% of the year on International trips that are 2-3 weeks