Baker Hughes, a GE company is currently hiring a Lead Electrical Engineer for our Product Development Group based in Houston, Texas.Essential Responsibilities:
- Works as part of a team to develop Downhole Logging Instruments.
- Projects include new designs and enhancements of existing products.
- Responsible for the design of boards and/or sensors, testing, documentation, procedures, technical discussions, and manufacturing/field support.
- Assignments are outlined in terms of general objectives.
- Under general supervision; plans, conducts and supervises assignments.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results.
- Plans and assigns personnel for given projects or tasks.
- Operates with some latitude in making autonomous decisions.
- Reviews progress with team/project leader.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Provides work direction mentoring for less experienced engineers and technicians.
- Sphere of influence includes regional operations and customers in addition to engineering groups, support organizations, and vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Analog circuits design, analysis, simulation/modeling include thermal and stress analysis, and characterization techniques
- Proficient in AC/DC, DC/AC, and DC/DC power conversion
- Transformer and inductor design for switched mode power supplies
- Master's or Doctorate preferred
- Low noise and precision analog signal processing design
- RF and/or digital design experience a plus
- Experience with high temperature (>150 deg C) electronics a plus
- Specifying electronic components, such as ADC's, DAC's, OPAMPS, transistors, inductors, and capacitors, to be realized on printed circuits boards
- Ability to root cause a failure and/or trend at the circuit and system level
- Experienced in the use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum- and network analyzers, dynamic signal analyzers, debuggers, and/or simulators
- Technical and problem solving skills with a drive for results
- Wireline tool design and qualification experience a plus
- Experience with electrical/sensor system integration preferred
- Knowledge of Hybrid and Multi-Chip module design preferred
- Working well in teams and also independently
- Project management skills
- Good communication skills; both verbally and written
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more