Skills: Hydraulic & Pneumatic, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a start-up - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGE Co, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Full - Time Regular
An opening for Lead Technical Support Specialist -based in Australia. The position will support the Services Division.
- Provides skilled level support for the product line(s), technical selling, key field product application, well prognosis, and/or completion product performance.
- Assists with prototype tool applications and new product market introductions.
- Investigates unusual or unsatisfactory product performance to determine root cause and preventative action.
- Completes advanced well bore seminar and continues training in other product lines.
- May be lead engineering/technical position in region or area. (Field Service Personnel not included). Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- 3+ years related experience.
Skilled level knowledge of two or more product lines and proper application of tools.
- Thorough understanding of down hole hydraulics and rig operations.
- Proficient use of computer based programs related to application of products.
- Problem solving skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more