The Product Manager will own the Aerospace pressure sensors product strategy in the AMERICAS region, supporting the pressure business strategic growth plans in conjunction with the Aerospace Pillar leader, the regional sales team, the other product managers, the fulfilment organizations, marketing & engineering. This person will align product capability, price positioning, value proposition, lead time and quality to market conditions to achieve both short term and long-term product line growth & profitability.Essential Responsibilities:
- Be the regional focal point of contact, working closely with the Pillar Leader to ensure continuity of strategic alignment.
- Develop robust business cases for new opportunities and help the commercial team develop a wider opportunity for single point opportunities.
- Develop a clear MGPP (Multi-Generation Product Plan) for the region, aligned with the Pillar.
- Maximize growth through development and execution of a plan to obtain 'best use' of commercial and technical expertise (considering geographic regions) and use of channels.
- Develop a clear strategy to enable new and untapped markets to be penetrated in addition to leveraging the strong core products.
- Own the commercialization plan for New Product Introductions (NPI) and Major Customer Product Opportunities (CPO) through the respective processes.
- Consolidate the commercial Critical to Quality (CTQ) needs for new NPI's (capturing validated VOC)
- Develop the strategies and tactics to enable profitable multi-year sales growth, price increase, cost out and margin expansion.
- Track and benchmark global competition, technology, product portfolio and pricing.
- Identify market and competitive trends and provide extensive voice of customer to develop successful business strategies.Lead the execution of marketing tactics including trade shows, customer seminars, white papers, web content, customer presentations, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Work closely both with the Program team and the Commercial team, ensuring priorities are being met, whilst balancing with the other critical business needs.
- Track new pursuits and provide the Key Stakeholders with regular updates and likelihood to win.
- Owns final pricing for the product line. Responsible for content of the product line price lists.
- Key metrics: Orders/sales growth, Price, Contribution margin, New Contracts, Customer retention, Marketing spend, Market share, On-time-delivery, Lead time and Quality.
- Be regional point of escalation for all product related matters
- Develop strategies for growth Including non-traditional approaches, inorganic and/or organic.
- Manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and support the Aerospace pillar leader develop the overall business strategy for the Pillar
- Collaborate in a Cross Functional Team to develop an Operation Plan and execute successfully to meet medium- and long-term growth objectives
- Responsible for negotiations with customers, drive cost containment efforts, and / or negotiation and administration of externally funded programs.
- Partner with the pillar leader to prepare the business plans to identify required resources and develop strategies to assure long term growth
- 3-5 years of sales, marketing or product management experience
- Sensor Aerospace industry experience - preferably pressure sensing
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Interaction with executive leadership, customers, and all levels of the organization
- Proven history of results in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated creativity and problem-solving ability
- Expected Travel > 50%
- Global experience
- MBA Preferred
- Billerica MA or Cincinnati OH
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more