Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:Reporting operationally to the SPS Projects Quality Manager and functionally to the relevant Quality Lead, the Project Quality Engineer (PQE) within SPS Projects will Complete project specific quality control and assurance activities, identify Contract Quality requirements, work with PLs PQEs and SQEs to ensure compliance to ITP requirements, agree inspection activities with Client and ICB, liaise with various PLs to resolve Quality issues and facilitate Client Quality Audits.
Essential Responsibilities:• Develop & Control Quality documents such as Project Quality Plan, Project Specific Procedures, Method Statements etc and subsequent approval from Client
• Carry out the project specific quality control and assurance activities as detailed in the Project Quality Plan and as directed and instructed by the Project Quality Manager (PQM).
• To report promptly to the PQM all matters related to Project QMS performance including monitoring and collating 'Quality Issues' with the respective PLs.
• Raise 'Quality Issues' as Lessons Learned where appropriate.
• Assist PL PQEs where applicable with the review and approval of Supplier/Subcontractor Inspection Test Plans (ITPs) and Procedures and expediting of the supplier.
• Interface with PL PQEs and SQEs to ensure surveillance activities are conducted as per the approved Suppliers/Sub-contractors ITPs.
• Assist PL PQEs and SQEs with inspection notification procedure at Suppliers/Sub-contractors including customer interface when required.
• Participate in project specific meetings as required including but not limited to -
o Weekly customer QA meeting
o PL PQE weekly meetings
o Customer monthly meeting
o Sourcing look ahead weekly meeting
• Provide support to PL PQE with verification and inspection release processes to ensure compliance.
• Attend kickoff meetings with Client/Supplier/Subcontractor as required
• Monitor close out of Supplier/Subcontractor non conformances in conjunction with PL PQEs.
• Administrate and measure Completion Dossier progress, punch list issuance and follow up until closure.
• Maintain Site receipt Testing equipment list and contact list associated
• Train stakeholders on Completion process and punch list closure
• Train QA Team on Project Specifics quality execution requirements (Non conformance system specific and reporting, Audit reporting specifics and reporting, quality documentation creation specifics and reporting, etc.)
• Review Supplier/Subcontractor Fabrication/Certification Dossiers [MRB/MDR].
• Support coordination of final documentation
• Monitor update of MEL/EDL system, coordinate regular review with EDL/MEL assistants and address gap in the system and information to Quality Manager
• Develop audit scope in conjunction with Quality Manager.
• Assist in the undertaking of both internal and external audit activities as requested.
• To participate (as necessary) in customer visits/audits at PLs, Suppliers/Subcontractors.
• Maintain Gensuite Compliance and Reporting -
o Compliance Calendar [including Audit Schedule]
o Audit Tracking System
o Power Audit
o Audit Reports
• Ensure that all necessary quality records are identified and retained in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
• Provide performance and KPI data as requested for reporting purposes.
• Provide input into Quality related reporting including -
o Customer Weekly and Monthly reports
o Minutes of Meetings
o GE Management reports
• Initiate the establishment of project specific procedures as necessary
• Establish project document control plan
• Monitor quality related activities as required by internal company procedures
• Perform QA implementation and contract review prior to Contract signature
• Follow up findings from audits performed on the Project Management Team and other project entities to ensure proper response and also ensure that audits performed by Project Management Team are closed out in an orderly and timely fashion
• Develop and establish project specific SPS Project procedures, support development and revision of core SPS Project processes and procedures.Qualifications/Requirements:• Thorough understanding of quality principles, regulatory quality systems, internal business systems, and processes is essential.
• Communication and Inclusiveness. Able to bring the organisation together to serve the customer and make clear what the customer requirements are and implement them in diverse functional and regional areas
• Substantial experience in a similar quality assurance role
• Previous Experience as project engineer, application engineer or any relevant success in an engineering discipline, technical background track record.
• Strong organisational & communication skills
• Root cause analysis certified preferred
• Internal audit experience ISO 9001
• Strong EHS culture
• Reporting skills to senior management
• Change implementation skills and track records
Desired Characteristics:Strong interpersonal skills
Strong communication skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more