Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
The Field Service Technician (FST) will install, service, repair and work with clients on Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE) Pressure Control (PC) surface wellhead equipment.Essential Responsibilities:
- Comply with all health, safety, and environment (HSE) and Quality Management System (QMS) requirements, policies, and procedures relevant to the position.
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of Customer requirements in respective areas of responsibility and / or location and monitor Customer satisfaction.
- Prepare and submit written reports after each job to the Customer.
- Follow Customer service orders as dispatched from the Branch and / or Service Manager Complete necessary paperwork for invoicing, equipment identification / tracking, inventory control, and expense monitoring in a timely manner while ensuring accuracy.
- Ensure periodic maintenance and repairs to Company vehicle, consistent with Company policy.
- Maintain Company vehicle, necessary tools, and equipment to perform service jobs.
- Operate Company vehicle in compliance with applicable Company policy and / or applicable Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Provide input and assistance to other functional areas throughout assigned facility and / or region in order to improve processes and Customer satisfaction levels.
- Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic locations with limited access to medical care, which may require four (4) or more hours to reach secondary-level medical care.
- High School Diploma / GED
- To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned / leased or rented vehicle for Company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
- Undergo periodic Fitness for Duty certifications, examinations, and / or Tests
- Work overtime, weekends, and holidays as required with little to no notice
- Ability and willingness to be on-call 24/7
- Ability and willingness to work a 21/7 schedule
- Ability and willingness to be constantly pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, and bending
- Ability and willingness to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to be subjected too extreme cold and heat for extended periods of time
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude at all times
- Basic computer skills
- Basic language skills
- Minimum of one (1) year of wellhead oilfield experience
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and / or hydraulic equipment
- Experience in documentation and record keeping
- Working knowledge of Pressure Control (PC) equipment identification
- Working knowledge of new Pressure Control (PC) product installation
- Working knowledge of Customer Service best practices
- Intermediate mathematical skills
- Intermediate reasoning ability
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more