Baker Hughes, a GE Company is currently hiring a Senior Counsel - Global M&A based in Houston, TX.
Senior Counsel - Global M&A will be responsible for providing legal guidance and input on a wide variety of business and financial deals, such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, corporate partnerships, structured finance, minority investments and joint ventures. In this role, you will manage legal due diligence, draft and negotiate deal documents, advise on deal structure and key legal considerations, and direct outside counsel on all Business Development and Capital Solutions engagements.Essential Responsibilities
- Lead strategic M&A transactions and corporate finance activities globally, including acquisitions, divestitures, JVs, equity investments, project finance, asset-level structured finance, and development lending.
- Structure and negotiate complex transaction agreements and lead global multi-functional teams.
- Manage internal and external deal processes.
- Work principally with the BHGE's Business Development and Capital Solutions teams world-wide.
- Manage deal teams with other BHGE in-house attorneys, and outside advisors (including active management of outside counsel) for sophisticated transactions.
- Would report to, and work closely with, the Associate General Counsel-Global M&A
- JD degree with excellent academic credentials.
- 7+ years of experience at a law firm or comparable corporate environment with a sophisticated M&A / corporate finance practice is highly desirable.
- Senior-level experience in M&A transactions (domestic, international and cross-border, with a comprehensive understanding of M&A structures, deals, documents, and legal issues) is required. Experience in corporate finance matters is highly desirable.
- Flexibility and creativity in dealing with complex legal issues on a domestic and cross-border basis.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Good project management skills, well organized, with the ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- A high-level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with business clients and other legal department members across multiple time-zones.
- Team oriented, with a strong sense of humor, unquestioned ethics and integrity, and sound judgment.
- Ability to embrace change and believe that there is always room for improvement.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more