The Senior Manager - Mergers & Acquisitions is a critical resource in Baker Hughes' strategic business development activities. Serving as a key Digital Technology resource for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures, this role will be part of the global business development effort and will work closely with business leaders, Corporate Development and the integration leads across the organization. The candidate will also collaborate with impacted teams and drive process optimization opportunities through the design, delivery, and reuse of local and enterprise technology solutions.Essential Responsibilities:In this role, you will:
- Participate in the planning and execution of acquisition integration, divestiture and joint venture activities from business case development through value capture
- Assist with day-to-day delivery of transaction & project activities throughout pre- and post-transaction planning and execution
- Participate in business development due diligence and opportunity analysis
- Add to corporate business development processes and methodologies
- Proactively identify, track and resolve issues
- Develop communications including statuses and issues escalation
- Ensure the quality of project deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance
- Assist leadership during the annual capital planning process via portfolio planning and make recommendations on priorities and capacity
- Executes digital activities concerning divested/merged business applications, infrastructure and cyber-security
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of professional consulting or relevant industry experience, with knowledge of systems implementations, merger integration, business transformation and/or change management
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Houston, Texas
- Travel up to 30%, as required
- Ability to juggle different projects/priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure
- Ability to balance structure and flexibility, with a fearlessness to challenge the status quo
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively align and influence the organization around common goals and objectives
- Strong executive presence and experience dealing with senior business leaders, including presenting to executive leadership.
- Excellent fact-gathering and analytical skills, including business process mapping and quantitative analysis
- Ability to create and manage project plans and large working teams
- Familiarity with all phases of business development processes
- Ability to work well under pressure and follow through on items to completion while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Demonstrated success working both independently and in a collaborative environment delivering results..
- Extremely proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated understanding of system development life cycle, dynamics of software development programs, practices, and methods
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in excel, word, outlook, and access
- Project management
- Proficiency of Full stream (Upstream, Midstream & Downstream) business process is preferred.
- PMP, Agile or SAFe certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing across a complex, global matrix organization
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions.
- Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
- Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal
- Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks
- Commitment, Perseverance, Passion!
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more