Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: IT - SAP / ERP
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:This role will be part of the BHGE DT ERP Team. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing data quality and conversion solutions to support implementation of strategic ERP deployments for various BHGE Businesses across SAP and Oracle platforms. You will work with data leaders & business process experts from multiple businesses to execute on technical solutions for data migration, quality and governance projects.
Essential Responsibilities:• IT expertise in data migration solutions and execution using tools like Data Stewardship Platform (DSP) for data extraction/transformation/validation/load.
• Technical expertise in DBMS (relational/analytical) like SQL Server, Oracle and other established technologies.
• Well versed in advanced SQL as a database language AND PL/SQL
• Participate and support data mappings working with functional champions & DT teams
• Collaborate with shared services to resolve issues related to performance/infrastructure on any of the platforms used
• Partner with functional teams to identify and execute on opportunities for data quality improvements, enhancements, standardization and simplification.
• Identify areas for data quality improvement and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
• Leverage existing Data Quality templates, tool kits, best practices and strategies in project deliverable.
• Manage service level agreements for both project and support contracts.
• Ensure on-time delivery and quality of all deliverable across all projects
• Work with various functional groups across geographies/expertise levels and business acumen to achieve the desired goals of the projectQualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or Engineering
• SAP ERP implementation & data migration experience. Additional ERP system knowledge is a plus.
• Expertise leading ERP data quality & conversions using BackOffice Associates' Data Migration toolset - Cransoft and Data Stewardship Platform (DSP). Training / Certification on the tool preferred.
• Data Architecture & Management experience
• Strong RDBMS/SQL concepts. Preferably MS SQL Server, with hands on experience in RDBMS.
• Experience working in a global environment with team management responsibilities for offshore teams
• Minimum 5 years of DT industry experience in shaping or delivering ERP data management strategies, implementing ERPs.
• Minimum 3 years leading data quality & conversions for ERP implementations.
• DBMS technologies and executions for Data Migration projects across various BHGE Product Lines
• Manage data integrity for multiple projects across systems.
• Establish data quality priorities
• Must be able to work across multiple BHGE businesses and multiple functions, setting client expectations and delivering on them.
Desired Characteristics:• BackOffice DSP Tool Experience
• SAP ERP ABAP Programming experience
• Global Travel experience across geographies and cultures
• Strong oral and written skills
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
• Effective team player and facilitator
• Strategic and Clear Thinking to translate discrete and complex ideas to business-driven results
• Proven ability to work in a matrix environment
• Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint
• Strong analytical skills - strong problem-solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve them.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more