Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stavanger, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:To plan, monitor and assist the Project Team in the execution of projects. The Planner works ideally within a dedicated Project Team, working on one or more projects concurrently as required by the Project Manager. The Planner is responsible for generating and maintaining a complete Integrated Activity Network that covers the scope of work within the given milestones.
Essential Responsibilities:• In liaison with the Project Manager and other team members, establish, communicate and align the Initial Baseline Plan with supporting functions
• Ensure cost & schedule requirements are defined and deliver detailed project progress overview
• Review and confirm the scope, duration, resource requirements and target dates for all activities
• Report progress and prepare planning metrics in accordance with timescales declared and agreed as part of the project operating routine
• Re-baseline the plan when required
• Prepare, review and submit status reports for approval in accordance with Project Schedule
• Report externally as required by Clients
• Implement "early warning" identification of potential issues and drive corrective action
• Drive process improvements / enhancements to the overall process
• Provide support to bid preparation with the preparation of bid plans, review of tender documentation and attendance at clarification meetings if required
• Reporting to Project Director in project organization
• Daily interaction with program personnel, e.g. Project Director, Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Operation Engineers, Document Controllers, Workshops
• Daily interaction with Sourcing, Engineering, QA, HSE, Finance, Field service, Work hop
• Office based but is expected to attend meetings with manufacture and assembly & test with visits to shop floor, expected to attend vendors/customers premises for meetings
• No direct financial authority, however responsible of keeping the costs at a minimumQualifications/Requirements:• Strong cooperation skills
• Master English, both written and verbally
• Strong analytical skills and ability to execute in fast paced environment
• Relevant practice from project and resource planning
• Detailed and in-depth knowledge of project planning principles and practice
• Domain knowledge of Primavera planning software
• Customer focused with knowledge of customer key drivers
• Ability to work in a cross-functional environment and effectively manage within diverse and global cultures
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Perform work safely and get customers satisfaction
Desired Characteristics:• Degree in Engineering/Technical Institute
• Knowledge and experience within engineering, project planning, risk management and QA
• Forecasting or inventory management experience is preferred
• PC Literate: Microsoft Office package, SAP, Oracle, ePIMS, ePiC, Primavera
• Knowledge of electronic resource planning tools
• Master Norwegian, both written and verbally
• Knowledge and experience within service/aftermarket operations
• Knowledge and experience from marine and/or subsea operations
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more