Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Engineer / Technologist provides direction and assistance to teams and work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
· Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business /industrial standards and program/product requirements.
· Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
· Document and communicate results of technical data generated.
· Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives.
· Share engineering information and promote open dialogue.
· Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business.
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
· Bachelor of degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· 3-5 additional years of experience in mechanical engineering preferably in the Oil & Gas industry.
· Self-motivated individual with sound analytical and problem solving skills.
· Knowledge of Oil & Gas industry standards and codes.
· Strong oral & written communication, interpersonal and leadership skill.
· Sound mechanical design and analytical background.
· Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization & across different cultures.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze / resolve problems and drive projects to completion. Ability to work independently.
· Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more