Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only full-stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an immediate opening for an Assembly, Maintenance & Overhaul Equipment Cable Technician (Artificial Lift) for Andrews, TX.Essential Responsibilities:
- Maintain shop equipment.
- Work to pre-defined procedures in line with established work practices
- The work is performed using common hand tool
- Have the ability to read scales to ensure correct measurements
- Input information into workspace to ensure traceability
- May perform administrative and inventory work
- Basic computer skills
- Work within BHGE Health and Safety rules and guidelines
- Flexible with working overtime as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong housekeeping ability in order to maintain cleanliness of shop.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Good mechanical skills
- Basic skills in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes
- Will be required to remain on call for after hours or weekend work
- Able to work efficiently in a team environment
- Able to communicate effectively in a courteous manner required
- Must be flexible with working overtime as needed
- Must be able to work an "on call" rotating weekend schedule as needed
- Oil Field experience
- Electrical background
- Any experience in oil field equipment preparation preferred
- Knowledge of blasting and coating machines.
- Experience with ALS tools
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more