Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Design Engineer, Structural Engineering
Other Skills: Offshore structural design, structural / civil engineering degree, structural design codes AISC, ACI and ASCE
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Please notate that you learned about this position through Rigzone by placing a notice in your application for the role.
The Staff Engineer (Structural) is responsible for the structural design of steel structures related to offshore oil and gas and process facilities. This includes structural steel platforms, skids, risers, and tanks, as well as modification to existing structures and facilities. This involves computer modeling, using software such as SACS, of structures from conceptual engineering through construction. This also includes coordinating with and directing Designers and Drafters of structural and other disciplines to accomplish project tasks.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conceptual, preliminary and detailed design, related to a variety of offshore, oil & gas facilities;
• Perform analysis of structural systems utilizing SACS. Analysis types include: In-place, loadout, transportation, installation, fatigue, and non-linear (pushover);
• Design of structures and structural elements such as trunnions, mudmats, pipe and tray supports, pipe racks, skid shoes, jackets to pile connections;
• Prepare RFIs;
• Prepare CTRs;
• Prepare reports as applicable;
• Reference AISC, ASCE, API, AWS, and other industry and project specific standards and codes;
• Interface with Project Managers and interdisciplinary teams (engineering and drafters) as well as project services groups such as document control, project controls and procurement;
• Research, learn and implement differing design techniques which may be industry specific;
• Perform the necessary field work to obtain accurate information for the design.
• BS in Structural or Civil Engineering required;
• P.E. designation strongly preferred;
• 5 to 10 years' experience in design of offshore oil and gas facilities;
• Knowledge and experience utilizing structural design codes including AISC, ACI and ASCE design guidelines;
• Ability to utilize applicable engineering software such as SACS and STAAD;
• Ability to complete discipline related duties independently;
• Ability to complete tasks that are client/project specific with high level direction;
• Familiarity with total project systems which would include mechanical, structural, civil and electrical components to allow consideration of those aspects in design;
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff (support, interdisciplinary project teams, management, etc.);
• Strong written and verbal communications skills;
• May require the ability to work overtime or travel to off-site work locations.
Drug Free Workplace:
EDG Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to a drug free workplace.
Applicants are subject to both pre-employment hair and urine drug screens.
Post-hire, employees are subject to random, periodic, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug testing which may include both hair and urine drug screens. In addition to the requirements of EDG's drug free workplace program, employees may be required to sign, acknowledge and comply with drug free workplace policies or programs required by clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.