Skills: Facilities Engineer
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Production Quality Engineer, North Dorset, UK
Leap29 are currently recruiting a Production Quality Engineer to join a team in the North of Dorset for a leading engineering company offering solutions and services for cheese and whey powder.
The Production Quality engineer will support the Quality Control team.
As Production Quality Engineer, reporting to the Quality Control Leader of Sherborne, you will be responsible for supporting internal organization to solve and prevent complex technical problems related to quality control, such as:
· Execute end to end mechanical testing & inspection of our products in the factory and at our suppliers' facilities.
· Contribution to quality, delivery and cost improvement for production unit
· Drive continuous improvement of equipment testing & inspection methods
· Assess skills, processes and tools in manufacturing (e.g. welding)
· Secure quality control documentation is in place to allow positive release
· Support contribution to Engineering Change Management introduction in production
· Secure functional performances of equipment according to official specifications
· Reinforce solving technical problems using Kaizen methodologies
· Assist WCM implementation in area of responsibility
· Act as a key member of the quality maintenance pillar to drive loss eradication
· Work in close cooperation with external suppliers & our purchasing department
· Facilitate the rejection of non-conforming materials received at goods inwards
· Drive the product validation process for new parts or new suppliers
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally, you have engineering or mechanical educational background (ideally BSc degree). You have an awareness of World Class Manufacturing or equivalent experience in improvement methodology. A strong quality control mindset is essential, preferably combined with production/factory environment. IT affinity with good understanding of MS Office tools is also important to have.
Your duties require you to be an effective communicator, combined with good presentation skills, the ability to analyse and break down problems in order to identify the best resolution. You come with the right skills to manage both your own activities and others by coaching/mentoring them on quality control aspects
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!