Skills: HR - General, Secretarial or Administrative, Planner / Scheduler
Other Skills: personnel logistics, visas, timesheet management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
etpm's sister company, Pirie & Smith Ltd, is looking for an Operations Co-ordinator to join their team.
About the Company
Established in 1904, Pirie & Smith is a reputable Marine Surveying company based in Aberdeen with satellite offices in France and Dubai. The company provides services to Ship Owners, Oil and Gas clients, Insurance providers, Banks, Harbour Authorities and Flag states, on a global basis.
With years of experience within these markets, we understand the challenges of the industry and work closely with clients so we can fully understand their requirements. Pirie & Smith is a sister company to Underwater Contracting and etpm.
The role of the Operations Co-ordinator will be to work as an integral part of the Pirie & Smith team and liaise with our Surveyors and management team to ensure the optimum service is delivered to clients on a consistent basis
The Operations Co-ordinator will support the company in terms of all personnel logistics, project tracking, co-ordinating Surveyors, and all administrative duties relating to the DP and Marine Surveying team.
The role is responsible for, but not limited to the following key accountabilities;
- Dealing with client requests for Surveyors and co-ordinating personnel;
- Personnel logistics, certification and visas;
- Keep track of personnel availability and competency requirements;
- Tracking timesheets and costs by job;
- Provide accurate end of job costs for Invoicing Administrator;
- Formatting of reports and submission of documents to client;
- General administration duties as required by the team;
- Keeping company records up to date.
It is expected that candidates for this role will have a good standard of secondary education. Previous experience with the co-ordination of personnel is essential and experience in marine operations would be preferred. Training will be provided on site in relation to the role.
Technical Competencies/Personal Attributes
Candidates will need to be competent in the following areas:
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook
- Personnel databases (desirable but not essential)
- Basic timesheet and invoicing experience
- Good telephone skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and confidently
- Team player
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Pay close attention to detail
ETPM focuses on the combination of in-depth contract expertise with sound seafaring knowledge to offer services in support of marine operations offshore.
Founded in the provision of consultancy for high risk marine operations, the Group is a household name for technical assurance and more latterly project execution services. These core skills have lead to the development of a range of associated services at the same high standards as the founding concepts.