The role of the Seismic Processor, Marine Imaging - Geophysics West reporting to the Team Lead, Deepwater Exploration Imaging GOM Central & West under Manager, Marine Imaging - Geophysics West who is located in Houston. Geophysics West provides Geophysical Processing and Geo Operations support to the Upstream and Integrated Gas Lines of Business (LoBs) in the Western Hemisphere, with staff in Houston, New Orleans, Calgary, and Rio. This position is responsible for executing seismic processing projects delivered by the Deepwater Exploration Imaging GOM Central & West team to GOM Exploration Central & West team teams in Gulf of Mexico. This includes timely delivery of products of a quality and cost that meet all business objectives and give Shell a competitive advantage.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- 5+ year of experience in seismic processing or interpretation
- Degree in Geophysics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or Applied Mathematics
- An entry-level knowledge of seismic processing tools and workflows and imaging technology is required.
- Earlier experience in OBN, and/or LSM is a pro.
- Ability to manage/support projects under strict project management framework will be required hence project management skills are essential
- Ability to work and flourish in an ambiguous environment, one in which there will often be no definitive right or wrong answers, only choices. Be able to seek out expert advice when necessary and implement new technologies or workflows
- Must be able to balance offshore business needs with Enterprise First behaviors
- The candidate must have strong communication skills and be able to interface with staff and clients of diverse backgrounds. Strong ability to interact with remote project team and asset is needed
- Geographic challenges (customers in multiple locations) need to be managed effectively, virtual working skills are essential
- Marine processing and interpretation experience in Deepwater setting will be useful
- Knowledge of the E&P business is an asset
- Geological knowledge is an asset
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.