Fort Lupton, Colorado, United States
Fort Lupton, Colorado, United States
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fort Lupton, Colorado, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Depending on the job location, lodging and rotating schedule may be provided.
- Under supervision, assists during rigging-up and rigging-down of cementing service equipment on work locations to include spotting of cement storage vessels, pre-mixing of spacer fluids, and rigging-up appropriate data monitoring equipment
- Learns basic oil well operations including but not limited to: pipe capacities and volume/height math, plug landing pressures, absolute volumes (including total water requirements for job), hydrostatic and differential pressure, resulting forces, balanced plugs, bulk cement blending calculations to include liquid additives and weighted spacers, pressure to reverse, and determining burst and collapse
- Assists in the operation of some or all of the following: cement pumping and mixed equipment, blenders, liquid additive metering systems, centrifugal pumps, data acquisition systems, Automatic Density Control (ADC) systems, bulk cement blending, delivery, and storage systems, manifold equipment, and cementing plug releasing tools
- Assists in the performance of pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections and associated paperwork/reports
- Verifies correct line up of valves on bulk systems and surface manifold equipment
- Understands hazardous materials, job, wash up and discharge procedures
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-6 months of experience as Operator Assistant I - Cementing or 1 year of related work experience in oilfield services
- Class A CDL licensure and must have a satisfactory driver record with no DWI/DUI convictions in the past three years or any current DWI/DUI charges
- Completion of Operator Assistant I - Cementing competencies, or similar level of competence from previous industry experience
- Able to lift 60 lbs.
- Able to communicate effectively with others
- Able to pass background, physical and drug screen
- Able to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule, long work days, and/or irregular work hours, be on-call with short notice and exposed to extreme weather conditions
Maintains effective working relationship with other employees
World Class Benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days, Paid Holidays and the ability to purchase additional days off
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan with a matching contribution
- Family Care program including paid time off to care for sick or injured immediate family members, adoption reimbursement, paternal and maternal leave for baby bonding and more
- Employee Job Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Educational Assistance
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.