Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Canada
REPORTS TO: Chief Mechanic
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland
TYPE OF RIG: Semi-Sub
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB SUMMARY: Assist in maintaining and repairing mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the vessel
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education
- 2+ years previous experience in a role with 6th generation semi submersible drilling rig
- The candidate must have successfully completed a course in practical skills for marine engineers or in diesel mechanics at a recognized training institution, or have an equivalent combination of experience and training
- Experience with MH HPU for Dual RAM system
- Experience with Hydraulic Equipment
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
- Knowledge of technical calculations required for mechanical operations and advanced computer skills
- Advanced computer skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out mechanical, pneumatic , and hydraulic installation, maintenance, and repair in a safe and prudent manner
- Perform daily inspections and maintenance on mechanical equipment
- Maintain and repair mechanical systems and equipment i.e. prime movers, air and water system, lubrication and fuel system, etc
- Troubleshoot and repair faulty mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment and tools
- Assist in maintaining marine equipment, i.e. cranes, thrusters, ballast pumps and valves, auxiliary equipment, etc
- Identify and response to abnormal operation conditions and/or patterns of equipment
- Carry out periodic maintenance according to the Rig Maintenance System (RMS) guidelines and coordinate that maintenance with supervisors and other department heads
- Ensure that requirements concerning regulatory bodies are met in all cases of equipment repair and installation
- Comply with the permit to work and isolation system
- Maintain service reports and advise supervisor on condition of equipment and spare parts requirements
- Perform machine work with lathe, drill press, grinding and surfacing equipment
- Install, operate, maintain and repair additional or temporary mechanical equipment used for special operations
- Other Duties as assigned
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: