If you have experience with delivery of capital projects, coupled with the current state- of-the-art digital tools and technologies, then this role is chance to go a step further and develop the next generation of digital solutions & technologies for the future! This is an ideal role for any person with curiosity about the external world, a passion for technology and new ideas, and a continuous learning mindset.
Your goal is to enable a step change improvement in the Capital Efficiency of our Projects through implementation of data-centric solutions and digitalization. The idea pipeline will feed an innovation program covering digital solutions that need further maturing to be ready for deployment in Project execution, as well as "out of the box" ideas in the early phase of Project development.
Shell is looking to fill two roles in the Digital Project Delivery space, one being the Engineer Digital Solutions requiring proven, substantial experience in this field and the other being the Senior Engineer Digital Solutions requiring more significant experience. Both encompass the use of data centric ways of working and deployment of digital solutions in Engineering and Design to improve efficiency and drive greater productivity in Construction, Commissioning and Handover. It also involves ideation, maturation and development of future ready solutions and technologies that will be a game changer for the industry. Where do you fit in?
Shell's Projects & Technology (P&T) division based in Bangalore, oversees and manages end to end the capital projects delivery across different lines of businesses. It has a large and diversified project portfolio spanning the entire value chain of the energy system (2018 Capital Expenditure of ~25 billion dollars).
The Digitalization team in the Projects & Engineering arm is tasked with deploying digital solutions across the entire project lifecycle. This role is part of this team and will lead the innovation agenda and future ready solutions. It cuts across different business segments and functions to understand the gaps and assimilate requirements, collaborate with global internal projects & technology teams, partner with external parties and vendors, and then come up with relevant digital solutions to be deployed during the different stages of a project. It is a very dynamic team constantly on the lookout for new ideas and working in a very agile way. It has a firm foot in the present with a keen eye for what the future could be, and then striving to make it a reality.
What's the role?
- Lead multiple activities within the innovation programs and will also serve as champion for the adoption of digital tools and technologies across the organization.
- Interact with a diverse set of very talented people across the organization (e.g. Technology - Shell TechWorks, Shell Technology Ventures, Shell Game Changer, Digital Centres of Excellence, digital strategy teams, global project and asset teams etc.).
- Play a key role in the ideation, agile evaluation and subsequent maturing of a pipeline of new ideas, working often with external parties (technology vendors, service providers, strategy consultants, etc).
- Scout for and bring external thinking and technologies to bear on the problem at hand as relevant, evaluate competitiveness of external tools and technologies vis-à-vis internal capabilities and suggest optimum fit-for-purpose solutions.
- Drive data-centric solutions and deliver continuous improvement in the processes and tools for project and asset support delivery, such as Smart Contracting, Virtual Design and Construction and creating an Agile mindset across the Project Engineering Community.
- Be a broad integrative thinker who can make the connect between different disciplines will be a critical success factor for the role.
This is an individual contributor role with no direct line responsibilities. You will, however, be expected to mentor and coach new team members and the practitioners in the wider community.Company Description
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We're looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
• To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
• We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
• We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
• We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements The key requirements for the job are as follows -
- Bachelor's degree in any technical field (Engineering / Technology / Science). Any specialization in technology / digital areas will be an added advantage.
- Proven, substantial experience in the relevant field required for the Engineer Digital Solutions and
- significant experience in the relevant field required for the Senior Engineer Digital Solutions role.
- A good understanding and knowledge of any or all parts of the capital projects delivery cycle i.e. concept; front end design; detailed design and construction; commissioning; asset handover etc preferably in the Oil & Gas or similar capital heavy industries.
- Understanding of development and deployment of engineering, construction and commissioning digital tools, solutions and technologies (for e.g. 4D/5D techniques and tools, Laser Scanning, Track & Trace, Drone surveying, Digital Twin, etc).
- Exposure to disruptive digital technologies relevant to the Oil & Gas industry; innovation life cycle; start-ups; futuristic technologies - will be an added advantage.
- Ability to think strategically, have a holistic view of the business / project requirements, anticipate customer needs and work with SME's (Subject Matter Experts) and PTE's (Principal Technical Experts) across the organization to come up with implementable solutions. Collaboration is key within Shell.
- Commercial mindset and customer centricity combined with external focus - to bring forth the most competitive and efficient tools and digital technologies to meet the business / project needs.
- An appreciation of Agile ways of working is a definite plus.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.