Skills: Geologist, Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
City: San Ramon
- The Environmental Geologist will provide technical and administrative support for site contamination investigation programs under the guidance and supervision of senior-level professionals.
- Assist with the planning, preparation, and implementation of field sampling programs and protocols.
- Prepare, coordinate, and operate the equipment necessary to complete the field.
- Preferred environmental and/or consulting experience demonstrated by knowledge of relevant standards, guidelines, and Federal and California regulations.
- Ability to coordinate and manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects in order to meet project or regulatory guidelines.
- Responsibilities may include preparing proposals and groundwater and soil sampling plans. Short duration travel is required.
- Experience with reviewing local, state, and federal regulations and permits related to air, water, hazardous waste, and hazardous materials management.
- California work experience is required- EPA, Federal and state laws and regulations, OSHA, etc.
- Travel Percentage: 10% Position would be based in our San Ramon, California office with travel to client sites as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management.
- Ability to successfully execute technical projects with minimal direct supervision. Interact with all levels of staff/clients/contractors in a professional manner.
- Has interpreted project results and provided recommendations to clients.
- Competent in writing progressively complex reports.
- Ability to understand instructions and to communicate findings, issues, and recommendations clearly.
- Ability to gather and analyze facts and data, draw correct inferences from the information, weigh alternatives and present logical solutions to problems.
- Ability to make sound decisions after considering all facts, customer needs and alternative solutions.
- Ability to present information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; ask appropriate questions in order to obtain information.
- Ability to plan, execute projects to scope, within budget and within timeframe.
Level of Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Geology (preferred), Engineering, Chemistry or Environmental Science.
Years of Experience:
- 5-7 years of geological or environmental experience.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.