Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Supplier Quality Expert manages the global relationship with an assigned supplier or group of local suppliers of a Center/Basin/Country portfolio, in accordance with the Category Management strategy. Represents the focal point of contact and ensures "one voice" with the assigned suppliers.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Sets performance objectives with assigned suppliers (cost reduction, lead time reduction, Quality improvement)
• Defines baseline, improvement targets and monitors progress through a regularly updated supplier scorecard
• Prepares and leads regular management reviews (Scorecards with main performance indicators, strategic positioning evaluation, 3-year business perspectives, and strategic product/market developments)
• Reviews and consolidates internal demand provided by the Centers and arbitrates issues
• Prepares for and manages negotiations in accordance with Group interests
• Selects target tools/products and conducts total cost of integration analysis at tool/product level, including Price, Lead Time and Quality costs
• Leads the supplier risk assessment and ensures regular updates. - Communicates the supplier's strategy and all key events of the relationship to the Category, Sourcing, Supplier Quality teams, and Center Supply Chain Managers
• Reports deviations to plan and takes appropriate action to correct direction. - Participates in internal and supplier audits under supervision of the Supply Chain Center Manager/Geomkt - Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks
• Complies with all Schlumberger and local procedures applicable to the job function
• Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
• Supplier analysis - Price reduction and Cost savings targets. Lead time and non-conformance improvement targets. Supplier engagement strategy. Supplier compliance reports
• On time delivery - Lead time improvement - Non-conformance improvement - Cost savings and price reductions - Compliance rates - Customer satisfaction
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing.
• Preferred minimum experience of 3 years in Supply Chain
• Interpersonal skills including: High collaboration with others; Managing Change; Negotiating; Presentation
• Must have good Leadership and management skills
• Must be Analytical and structured and be able to influence change
• Performance management capability
• Ability to demonstrate principled leadership with sound business ethics and consistency with principles, values, and behavior.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.