Tabangao Batangas, Philippines
Tabangao Batangas, Philippines
Skills: Process Engineer, Planner / Scheduler, Plant Operations Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tabangao Batangas, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Economic Model Coordinator is part of the site's Economics and Scheduling team.
The team has the primary responsibility of providing the right economic steers for the Optimisation of the hydrocarbon production of the site, based on accurate, fit-for-purpose planning and scheduling models. Our goal is to deliver the right product to the right place on time and maximize the integrated margin for the site and across the different lines of businesses.
The position of the Economic Model Coordinator (EMC) is responsible for developing and maintaining up-to-date hydrocarbon planning and scheduling models that provide a fit-for-purpose representation of the refinery capabilities and constraints. These economic models are a critical tool for refinery economic evaluations and decision support. The EMC works collaboratively with the economists, refinery schedulers, technologists and operations to assure the integrity of the models and the quality the output.
- Responsible for generating, updating and maintaining an accurate model representation of the refinery configurations across all planning and scheduling tools for the refinery (topology, crude assays, process models, tuning parameters, offsets, constraints).
- Sets up the site model (the LP) for long-term strategic decisions, the T&R, crude purchase decisions, monthly planning, and weekly operational steers
- Diagnose structural issues with the LP model as required.
- Maintains the interfaces and systems used to provide data to the planning models, adding new products, feeds, unit & blending options and pricing rules as required.
- Conducts routine checks and ensures process models tuning is adequate for each process unit. This includes analysis of monitoring trends carried out by economists, technologists and schedules and follow-up by the initiation of change/ update actions by the technologists. Works with technology and Business Excellence groups to calibrate and update model vectors including crude cutting and sub model representations in the LP.
- Update and maintain the refinery capacity and constraints list with the economist,
- Diagnose & troubleshoot structural issues with the LP model
- Work with planning advisors, P&T skill groups & PIMS model experts to maintain model integrity and fit for purpose. Ensure aligned reference and basic data in the LP, scheduling, and blending tools.
- Coordinates and updates the crude assays using multiple information sources including crude assays, global refinery processing experiences shared through the crude forum and cargo quality data as monitored by Trading. In addition, the EMC is a key party in the refinery crude evaluation and acceptance team.
- Acts as a local champion for the LP Planning Tool and Basic Data: promoting its importance in value add and profile with refinery technical staff.
- Provides timely economic modeling support to key users, plus supports economist/ refinery planners in running and testing the LP
- Provides support for the implementation of margin tactics, project economics and backfill for refinery economist and scheduler.
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.
- Educational Background: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Math
- Suitable applicants may have a scheduling and a general refinery technology background with some knowledge of core refinery processes and are able to understand the economics of these processes.
- Experience, knowledge with refinery feedstocks, processes, products, and economic drivers.
- LP model (PIMS) skill.
- A high level of comfort in using computer-based tools as well as unit simulators. Advanced spreadsheet skill required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, analytical skills and attention to details are essential to building a strong team and working spirit within the team. The individual should be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an ever-changing and fast paced environment. In order to drive Optimisation across organizational boundaries, this role requires effective engagement with a wide range of refinery and Trading & Supply stakeholders.
- The role will provide ample opportunity to develop skills in the area of planning, daily refinery margin Optimisation, refinery scheduling, and business development.
- To view the specifics of required competencies, refer to the global Margin Optimisation Competency Framework (within DS-Production&ManufacturingCompetencyFramework document).
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video