Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Under general supervision of the EESSA VAT Manager, the successful candidate will support the VAT compliance and reporting for the Continental Europe region. Responsible for the monthly VAT returns, Intrastat and EC Sales lists process, account reconciliations and VAT technical research across multiple jurisdictions in Europe.
- Preparing and submitting timely and accurate VAT returns across continental Europe, including preparation of full filing from internal system data for some countries and liason with local advisors in others to manage the VAT compliance process.
- Preparing and submitting timely and accurate ECSL and Intrastat returns across Continental Europe region working closely with Logistic, AP/AR teams.
- Collaborating with the AP/AR offshore operations team in India/Dubai and building quality control mechanisms.
- Preparing monthly reconciliations of VAT accounts.
- Making sure payments are reviewed and filed in a timely manner.
- Supporting the Regional Tax Manager/ EESSA VAT Manager on tax audits, VAT refunds requests and other operational issues.
- Providing advice on VAT treatments for transactions in the region as required, including VAT analysis of proposed contracting structures.
- Assisting with other ad hoc advisory and project work, as required, for indirect taxes as, for instance, the implementation of the VAT automation process
- Degree in Accounting or related field and
- Professional qualification in tax or accountancy
- Fluent in English - knowledge of any other European Language will be appreciated
- Strong VAT compliance experience across EU region (at least 5 years of experience required) and good understanding of main EU VAT principles
- Strong IT skills with accounting software (e.g. SAP)
- Ability to organize, manage and prioritize work in order to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team but to be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative
- A commitment to VAT and to remain up to date with developments in VAT
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bucuresti-Ploiesti No. 172-176, Bucurest, Bucharest, 13686, Romania
Requisition Number: 75009
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.