Skills: Reliability Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Aachen, Germany
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing approximately 100,000 people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry's most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production, and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance. As the oil and gas industry's leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry's digital technology transformation.
The position is offered at the Schlumberger Aachen Technology Center (AATC), based in Aachen, Germany. We develop modeling and planning software for petroleum exploration. You will work in an international environment with team members from several different nationalities. Schlumberger supports constant learning and development of our employees.
Responsibilities and duties
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Deploy, monitor and optimize highly scalable Product in a SaaS model and automation using platforms like Kubernetes, GCP and Azure.
• Ensure High Availability of Product to the customers and look to build highly scalable approach through minimal down times
• Deploy and maintain CI/CD infrastructure.
• Monitor/troubleshoot and manage service uptime, health issues in production environments.
• Maintain and improve services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Develop eco systems (API, UI, Services) that facilitates management and monitoring.
• Define and evolve SLAs and SLOs.
• Organize and manage drills on a regular basis.
• Support SOC2 audits.
• Collaborate with network and security staff to ensure smooth, secure and reliable operation of application software and systems
• Engage in incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Bachelor's or master's degree in IT related discipline
• Strong computer literacy with aptitude and readiness for multidiscipline training
• Ideally 5+ years seniority
• Deep working experience on Google Cloud or Azure
• Solid Scripting Skills (Python, shell)
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• Excellent oral, written communication (mandatory: English, optional: German), and interpersonal skills,
• Able to work independently or as part of a team
• Development exposure toJava, with good object oriented and functional programming skills
• Linux Systems Administration
• Understanding of network technology and concepts (TCP/UDP, SSL/Certificates, HTTP, NAT, DNS, NAS)
• Continuous Integration
• Web & Applications Servers (AppEngine, NGINX)
• Source Control (Git, Github)
Desirable Technical skills/ Experience
• High Availability (Network Load Balancing, L7, Helm)
• Directory Services (LDAP, Active Directory, VDS)
• Docket and Kubernetes
• Automation tools
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. We want to create a diverse working environment and support applications of qualified people of all ethnicities, religions, genders, national origins and ages and people with health conditions or impairments.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.