NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a major oil and gas pipeline company, is currently seeking a bWater/Chemical Treatment Technologist
ased in on a 12 month contract
with possibility of extension, based in Lloydminster, AB.
Individuals MUST be local to Lloydminster as no LOA/relocation is provided.
This position will be responsible for supporting water/chemical treatment and corrosion management for SAGD facilities. This position provides support for the Sr Staff Corrosion to supporting the ongoing water treatment & corrosion challenges within Thermal.
- Provide analytical and operational support for Thermal SAGD facilities
- Review and evaluate existing corrosion mitigation strategies including chemical/water treatment programs
- Work closely with chemical service providers to take samples, review analytical data and ensure they are held accountable to managing their programs effectively
- Review and analyze various plant processes to identify water treatment and chemical treatment issues in the produced water, boiler feed water, steam generation and water re-use processes
- Participate in Management of Change reviews for changes to facility equipment processes or operational practices
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Diploma or degree in chemistry or other relevant discipline from an accredited institution or Diploma or degree in corrosion science or chemical engineering
- NACE International Chemical Treatment Specialist, or Internal Corrosion Technologist certification
- Licensed professional engineer in Alberta or Saskatchewan, or eligibility for registration in either province
- 5 years of experience working in upstream or downstream oil and gas facilities (Thermal/SAGD experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of internal & external corrosion mechanisms common to upstream oil & gas industry, their causes and corresponding corrosion management strategies
- Basic water lab analytical skills (titrations, spectrophotometry, ICP, XRD)
- Experience with and understanding of Thermal/SAGD recovery, including water treatment, once-through steam generation (OTSG) and oil & gas production
- Familiar with oil & gas facility design, operation and maintenance
- Strong, effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities and tasks
- Strong working knowledge of desktop computing systems, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with operations personnel
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Other relevant NACE or industry certification
- 5 years of experience in water treatment or corrosion mitigation through chemical treatment
- 5 years of experience performing corrosion evaluations and failure analysis for oil and gas facility equipment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to set priorities
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgement
- Strong communication
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.