Skills: Facilities Management, Operations Management, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
Looking to lead the field in Building Control?
We're offering opportunities to join a leading global organisation, working with some of the biggest names in the construction industry to deliver trusted, independent Building Control services.
This is your chance to join a global network of self-motivated, engaging professionals, recognised for offering expert interpretation and a consistent approach. All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from a true industry leader.
APPLY YOUR TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
We're looking for people that can act as a trusted consultant to our clients, bringing industry insight and regulatory knowledge together with a commitment to deliver service excellence as part of a true partnership approach.
Working on a 750 year old building of historic national importance one day and a £250m laboratory the next, Bureau Veritas boasts an unrivalled array of projects and clients. We want self-starters and team players, who can build lasting client relationships.
You will lead and manage the Building Control regional team, providing support and direction. To deliver projects to the required quality, and driving regional business growth and development activities. Provide an expert point of reference on technical delivery and hold accountability for delivery of the regional budgetary, profitability, revenue, sales and productivity targets.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and management to the regional Building Control team including setting and monitoring of individual objectives in line with business strategy
- Allocating work to the regional Building Control teams
- Provision of subject matter expertise through acting as Technical Authority across complex projects and plan assessments covering all building types in line with qualifications and technical skill
- Ownership over a region overseeing client relationships, and all P&L and commercial target.
- Accountable for fee flows and financial management of region and directing mitigating actions where appropriate including acting as point of escalation for fee flow or invoicing queries
- Ownership for management, resolution and closure of customer complaints
- Continuous assessment of business performance against objectives
- Supporting and advising commercial clients about building / property issues in line with the UK Building Regulations and all necessary legislation.
- Directing the commercial team to minimise bad debt and ensure accuracy and commercial viability of contracts
- Recruitment and induction of new Surveyors and Managers as and when required
- Provision of all weekly / monthly reporting required by the business on revenue, sales, utilisation etc.
- Weekly sign off and submission of timesheets of direct reports in accordance with SOP's
- Approver for team expenses
- Driving CTC business development targets through relevant engagement with project stakeholders and effective follow through of leads as well as provision of thought leadership on key topics and seminar delivery
- Acting as BV contact for external project stakeholders
- Carrying out inspections of work on wide range of projects; checking plans, drawings and associated information to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations
- Ensuring that records of all project and inspection records are accurately entered on the database
- Developing and maintaining excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Carrying out duties in accordance with QA procedures
- Completion of personal CPD
Experience & Skills Required:
- Ideally qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in Building Control / Building Surveying
- Minimum of 7 years of experience of working as an Approved Inspector in Building Control, with exposure to commercial clients
- Accredited RICS/CABE/CIOB status
- Strong team management and leadership skills
- Ability to encourage others to develop new skills and enhance existing ones
- Ability to think both globally and locally when developing and communicating objectives and strategies
- Strive to improve performance and uses innovative methods to get there
- Detailed and in-depth understanding of commercial Building Control and Fire Safety
- Strong analytical and report production skills
- Keen attention to detail, coupled with strong organizational skills
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent client facing and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with ability to develop professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Competent user of MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage a varied and busy workload
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.