Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Rosharon, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Production Planner is responsible to implement, monitor, measure and report production schedules to assure that matched sets of materials and capacities are available to meet the needs of customers and that production schedules are met. This includes management of all planning and production execution data including the creation of work orders, identification and management of priorities, capacity constraints, production monitoring, etc.
Successful Position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Implement an effective capacity management and production monitoring system.
- Maintains all MRP planning and scheduling parameters for all "make" items.
- Analyze planned order reports and provides timely release of production work orders specified by the Production Plan.
- Interface with production and procurement teams to prioritize the most critical items.
- Proactively resolve on any production demand/supply imbalances in both volume and mix
- Provide daily guidance and information to the product line team regarding status of production schedules.
- Prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of other potential interruptions to the Planning Manager
- Monitors production progress against scheduling needs and intervenes as necessary to bring deliveries back into compliance with production schedules.
- Identifies and reports opportunities and implements actions continually to reduce waste shorten lead times, reduce costs, etc.
- Reports all scheduling, capacity, and production tracking data, statistics and metrics as defined by the Master Schedule policy.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent in Engineering (Industrial Engineering preferred), Supply Chain, Finance or related field
- Minimum preferred two years experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Finance role.
- Advanced understanding of ERP software systems (SAP experience/expertise preferred)
- Good manufacturing, product and customer knowledge
- Candidates must be able to work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.