Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom, Field Comm / SCADA, Electrical Technician
Other Skills: Instrumentation Technician, Telecommunications, wireless, basic internet industry, and/or electrical, telephone utilities.
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking a Field Communication Technician for a contract opportunity in Midland, TX.
The Field Technician will be responsible for:
- Proficiency in the use of hand tools for the purpose of making, repairing, testing and installation of RF, network and telephone cabling to connect offices, housing and work areas to the network resources.
- Experience installing, pointing and commissioning RF systems components such as LTE, point to point or multipoint radios, VSAT or microwave systems
- Familiarity with communications systems and a variety of consumer communication devices (e.g. routers, modems, radios, and wireless devices)
- Experience with handheld devices and operate computer or test equipment (e.g. RF signal level meters, multi-meters, cable testers, handheld applications, etc.)
- Ability to interpret and understand field sheet notes, schematics, maps, and drawings.
- Compile and evaluate data to determine and resolve onsite performance problems, network or equipment malfunctions.
- Perform site installation checklists, benchmark performance and complete site documentation.
- Troubleshoot and identify non-functioning equipment and repair or reconfigure or replace equipment, applying own knowledge and experience.
- Recommend changes such as modified work procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Track time spent on jobs, mileage and materials needed and utilized to record duties in the applicable software application.
- Interact professionally with clients, property owners, contractors as needed. Must have the ability to communicate effectively in person or by phone.
- Practice and adhere to all safety training, identify and mitigate hazards that may impact job performance and ensure availability and proper use of all safety equipment (PPE) required.
- Perform routine truck maintenance. Responsible for reporting maintenance requirements such as oil changes and keeping the truck in good working and clean condition (inside and out).
- Maintain a valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record and the ability to be covered under insurance. Travel to and from assigned service areas and company facilities, including inclement weather, is essential.
- The ability to work overtime, weekends, evenings, or participate in a shift rotation and on-call rotation when scheduled.
- Reliable and consistent attendance.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of previous experience in telecommunications, wireless, basic internet industry, and/or electrical, telephone utilities.
- ComTrain Certification is preferred.
- Military experience in a variety of communications or electronic systems is preferred.
- Familiar with tower work is preferred.
- Maintain and present a professional appearance, calm and rational demeanor under stressful conditions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to accurately maintain documentation in company software programs.
- Flexible to adapt to same-day and next-day changes to service order and location.
- Ability to address and solve problems effectively.
- Ability to work with cross-discipline teams.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be well organized and demonstrate sound time management skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Strong installation crafts practices, i.e. cable making, installing, dressing, labeling with accuracy, neatness and reliability being a requirement.
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/