Skills: Accounting, IT - SAP / ERP
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The SAP F&A Global Master Data personnel performs tasks related to SAP month-end closing and master data maintenance for financial reporting.
- Responsible for SAP financial month-end close process, including foreign exchange rate uploads, activity price revaluations, opening/closing of general ledger accounts and company codes, FICO reconciliations, review and resolution of out of balances, open item revaluations, goods receipts/invoice receipts (GRIR) revaluations, accrual reversals and other tasks that ensure the accurate and timely closing of the financial records for the period
- Manage and maintain GL accounts, cost elements, company codes and their respective hierarchy structures
- Create and update payment methods, bank accounts and In-House cash
- Work closely with IT for system upgrades and special projects
- Troubleshoot user errors submitted daily to functional mailbox
- Requires completion of a university undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business, MIS or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting related roles, including knowledge of US GAAP or country-specific accounting principle
- 2 plus years of SAP experience in FI, CO, General Ledger, Profit Center/Cost Center accounting
- Extensive business and systems analysis skills related to financial reporting and SAP finance modules
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to collaborate with IT and various onsite and remote departments to research and resolve issues
- Strong attention to detail with a proven ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Ability to lead and promote change in an environment of rapidly changing technologies and business processes
- Must be proactive and able to work with little or no supervision
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent organizational skills
- Experience in Master Data maintenance strategies and techniques
- Experience with any of these applications and systems is a plus: Hyperion Systems (Essbase, DRM, HFM, Planning), SQL and ODI
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 75902
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Finance & Accounting
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.