Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
When constructing these systems, works in close collaboration with engineers in other disciplines (e.g. electronics, mechanical, physics), and is responsible for their deployment in production environments.
Roles and Responsibilities :
• Design & implement software for measurement and control systems.
• Test & debug hardware / software issues.
• Gather and analyze requirements.
• Coordinate software development with other disciplines.
• Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to conduct tests, document and present test results.
• Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
• Conduct and/or participate in multi-disciplinary technical reviews.
• Contribute to design standards and support best practices.
• Create and maintain product documentation.
• Evaluates engineering approaches to ensure high quality, low cost solutions.
• Assist in preparation of cost and time estimates.
• Identify and keep abreast of new technical concepts and markets.
• Apply and comply with the software development process.
• Maintain familiarity with Company technology, organization and business.
• Understand and provide technical solutions according to the Schlumberger strategy.
• Comply with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System, and Health, Safety, and Environment standards and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience :
• MS in Science or Engineering with 3 years software experience or BS in Science or Engineering with 8 years related experience.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft C# and/or C++ language, of .NET framework.
• Thorough understanding of programmable data acquisition peripherals (ADC, DAC, counters, etc).
• Experience in implementing common communication protocols (eg. RS232, RS422/485, CAN, GPIB, USB).
• Thorough knowledge of coding, testing & debugging methodology.
• Experience in using various hardware & software tools used in development & debugging; like emulator, simulator, modeling, scopes, logics analyzer, etc.
• Understanding of hardware design, ability to read schematics and manufacturer datasheets.
• Knowledge of NI LabVIEW and/or NI LabWindows language very desirable.
• Knowledge of databases design and programming desirable.
• Knowledge of web application framework such as ASP.NET desirable.
• Understanding of Embedded Software systems and their constraints and/or experience with embedded software development.
• Quality management
• Agile and iterative development
• Process implementation and improvement
• Good communication skills
• Can function independently and in a team
• Analytical thinker
• Able to provide creative and innovative solutions
May be assigned other duties in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time according to the needs of the company.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.