Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: PDMS / PDS, Drafting, Instrumentation Technician
Other Skills: P&ID, Piping, PDMS, PDS, AutoCAD, offshore design
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
**This position may be run through a 3rd party staffing company of EDG's choosing**
When you Apply, please detail in the application that you found out about the position through Rigzone
The Electrical & Instrumentation Drafter will be responsible for preparing 3D models and 2D drawings for the design of complex offshore/onshore E&I systems utilizing CAD software.
• Prepare 3D models and 2D drawings for assigned projects from information supplied and/or verbal instructions with little or no supervision required.
• Edit drawings and incorporate changes from provided markups and/or verbal instructions.
• Review information received from design team members, question inconsistencies, apparent errors, and omissions.
• Interact with design team and clients for resolving drafting/design related issues.
• Ensure that all drawings adhere to Client, Industry and Company Standards.
• Maintain project files and folders and follow company standards.
• Responsible for keeping Project Leads updated on any and all concerns relating to their respective assignments.
• Create Electric Area Classification Plans and Details.
• Calculate conduit and fittings size.
• Size cable fittings.
• Route cables in cable tray systems using cable schedules.
• Calculate cable tray fill.
• Create Tray Routing Plans.
• Create Instrument Plan drawings using GA's, piping plans, etc.
• Create Instrument Cable Block diagrams using information from P&ID's
• Create Instrument Installation Details using engineering data sheets
• May be required to direct other drafters in the creation of drawings.
• Perform field work as required to obtain accurate information and create sketches for the design of the project. Duration determined by the project requirements and project management.
• Perform corrections to the following drawings: P&ID's, Wiring Diagrams, Schematics, Panel Layouts, E&I Details, and Loop Diagrams.
• Requires a High school diploma
• Completed accredited drafting training and discipline training or have prior working experience
• Requires a minimum of five (5) years of drafting and design experience relating to Upstream and Downstream Oil & Gas facilities.
• Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Proficient with design software i.e. (AutoCAD, and PDMS).
• Must have strong understanding of P&ID's.
• Must have strong knowledge of PLC and DCS systems
• Must have a working knowledge of OSHA, and NEMA standards.
• Must have working knowledge of API RP 500, API RP 14F.
• Must have working knowledge of Electrical Codes NEC and IEC.
• Work is primarily conducted in an office environment (Private, Semi-Private Office or office cubicle) but may also require occasional travel to off-site work locations.
• Field duties require outdoor work in a plant or offshore platform atmosphere.
• Interaction with other team members, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
• Working offshore or in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
• Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
• May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
• May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (With or Without Reasonable Accommodation):
• Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds;
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication which permits employee to communicate effectively.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Sufficient vision or other powers of observation which permits employee to conduct analysis and investigations.
• Sufficient manual dexterity which permit the employee to perform routine office duties.
• Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Drug Free Workplace:
EDG Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to a drug free workplace.
Applicants are subject to both pre-employment hair and urine drug screens.
Post-hire, employees are subject to random, periodic, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug testing which may include both hair and urine drug screens. In addition to the requirements of EDG's drug free workplace program, employees may be required to sign, acknowledge and comply with drug free workplace policies or programs required by clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.