Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
To provide insights into how the UK is delivering against Business Planning Financial targets / previous forecasts ensuring UK MD, Finance Manager and Reporting Team lead have the appropriate level of information to make the required informed business decisions. This position is responsible for delivering the consolidated UK Budget Forecast and providing variance analysis of actual performance against Budget/forecast
Delivery of Consolidated Reforecast and budget
- Provides expertise in accounting and reporting whilst working towards efficient, effective and consistent accounting treatment and reporting time lines across all UK assets and licences.
- Responsible for management and co-ordination of the yearly Forecast timetable to ensure all requirements are delivered in a timely manner.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure that the corporate forecast is updated and includes the latest relevant adjustments to take account of changes in business focus and requirements.
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality Rolling Forecasts (including life of field) for the UK country
- Further responsible for ensuring the UK MD and Finance Manager are comfortable with the Forecast message and is then responsible for delivering the message to Group.
- Liaise with Planning & Economics Team to ensure alignment between forecast submissions and Long-Term Finance / Business Outlook submissions by Economics team.
- Work closely with G&A analyst to consolidate and allocate G&A updates to the forecast.
Actuals to RFC variance analysis
- Responsible for the delivery, through self and others of all variance analysis and commentary (monthly, quarterly) required as part of local management reporting and the forecast process.
- Liaise with UK Finance Team/Shared Service Centre to ensure that the actuals in the reporting model are correctly updated as required (in accordance with internal reporting standards / policies) and that model calculations work as expected.
- Promote the principles of good accounting practices, continuous improvement.
- Responsible for delivery of financial information for UK Board meetings as required during the year.
Delivery and discussion of key analysis / metrics to support UK Management business decision making (such as Scorecards / Opex per bbl) by working with Managing Director, Finance manager and wider UKLT.
Validation of proposed UK BPC financial information (Vols, Opex, Capex etc) prior to proposed targets being issued to Group.
- Be flexible within the wider Finance team for meeting deadlines/UK Adhoc priorities for e.g. statutory reporting; JV audits etc. when required
- The position is based in Aberdeen - Some travels must be expected to other geographical entities
- Fully qualified accountant
- Extensive experience in a similar position in the E&P sector and good understanding of E&P asset performance
- A solid grasp of financial processes
- Good communication skills
- Strong Finance systems skills - SAP, BPC, BBC, Excel, PowerPoint.
- An ability to analyze, summarize and stick to tight deadlines
- Strong forecasting & budgeting skills
- Able to demonstrate full Balance sheet ownership.
- An understanding of/familiarity with company governance and FP&A processes
- Language: English required
- In addition to a strong technical background, you will have broad commercial awareness, first rate communication skills, possess the tenacity to drive change through to successful completion. You will have proven ability to proactively identify and resolve complex reporting issues and have the ability to influence and persuade.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and adaptable to new ideas.
- Intelligent, proactive and creative, you will have the credibility and stature to interface effectively at Management level.