NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a major oil and gas pipeline company, is currently seeking a Process Engineer
based in on a 6 month contract
with possibility of extension, based in Prince George, BC. Individuals WILL need to be local to the area as no relocation/LOA is provided.
Process Engineers are expected to identify plant vulnerabilities, frame business opportunities, resolve process issues in a timely manner, and work effectively as a team with area coordinators, environment, maintenance, and engineering personnel.
- Monitor and develop the day-to-day operating targets and specifications of the Plant responsible units identifying and communicating any deviations and corrective actions required.
- Identify and communicate unit performance capabilities through mass and energy balances, process simulations, performance test runs, catalyst evaluations, and vendor/specialist consultations.
- Participate/Lead in multidisciplinary plant wide and corporate initiatives related to reliability, safety and the corporate standards and procedures of the Operational Integrity Management System
- Participate in process hazard assessments for responsible units that are initiated by the management of change process, engineering work requests, MOCs and unit PHA revalidations.
- Involved in planned and un-planned outages including troubleshooting, shutdown support, initial/final process equipment inspections, found work, and startup support.
- Participate in responsible units Root Cause Analysis and incident investigations utilizing Sologic and other investigation methodologies.
- Provide process engineering support to evaluate, generate and identify feasibility of Engineering Work Requests (EWR) based on personnel safety, process safety, process reliability, unit efficiency, and profitability.
- Communication and development of process Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for responsible units.
- Work effectively with the Operations Area Coordinators to make continuous improvements to plant safety, reliability and efficiency.
- Complies with all HS&E requirements in the performance of this Position's responsibilities
Must Have Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years Plant Operator Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- Professional designation recognized by APEGS as P.Eng or Engineer in Training
- Proficient MS Office abilities, particularly with MS Word and Excel
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with HYSYS refining simulation software or equivalent
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.