Skills: A B Seaman
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are currently looking for an AB Seaperson for a temporary placement from June 13th - 24th
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland
TYPE OF RIG: Semi-Submersible
ROTATION: June 13th - 24th
Basic Function: Carry out cargo handling duties, general cleaning, maintenance, and other manual labor as assigned/directed. Prepare and paint all interior and exterior surfaces and equipment and directed by supervisor. Assist Mates with carrying out preventative maintenance and inspections on marine department related equipment. Carry out maintenance and inspections on equipment related to Firefighting, Lifesaving, Safety, and Watertight integrity.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education
- Valid unlimited Able Seafarer Certificate
- 2+ years experience as an Able Seaman
- STCW 95 II/4 (on self-propelled vessels)
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre Employment Screening Checks.
- Must have Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, First Aid, WHMIS 2015, Fall Protection and Confined Space Entry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and keep lifesaving, firefighting, pollution prevention and other safety systems in operational condition
- Operated and maintain survival craft, rescue boats and their launching appliances
- Assist with helicopter operations by unloading and refueling helicopters or standing by on the fire team
- Stand lookout or helmsman watch as required while vessel in underway
- Assist with transferring productions to/from supply vessels as needed
- Manually lift, carry, and move equipment, tools, and materials from place to place as required. Ensure to use correct body position and safe lifting procedures
- Remove waste, debris and accumulated trash from decks, stairs, compartments and other areas of the rig and dispose of properly
- Sweep and wash decks, bulkheads, and structures using brooms, mops, rags, brushes, and high-pressure water hoses
- Clean up spills and accumulated waster and take all necessary actions to prevent tripping and slipping hazards
- Keep hand tools in good condition, properly maintained, and stored with not in use. Keep lines, hoses, slings, etc. coiled and other materials properly stored
- Assist in the care and maintenance of the rig's machinery and equipment using proper tools and following safety rules and procedures
- Operate air hoists, hydraulic hoists, chain hoist, and other cargo handling gear to pick up and move heavy equipment
- Assist in assembling, dismantling, and maintaining of deck machinery, pumps, and other mechanical equipment
- Assist in slipping and cutting of wire lines, inspection and maintenance of wire and fiber lines, slings, and other lifting equipment
- Assist in erecting scaffolding and staging as required
- Prepare and clean deck surfaces, superstructures, bulkheads, etc. prior to priming and painting
- Paint prepared surfaces as directed; i.e. apply coats of primer, paint, and varnish with rollers and spray guns in accordance with painting specifications
- Assist as directed during rig moves and anchor handling operations
- Assist in workboat mooring activities
- Other Duties as Assigned
It is our objective to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: