- Wells technology organization is responsible for delivering "end to end" research and technology solutions addressing Brazil oil and gas challenges in Deepwater and pre-salt assets.
- The current wells technology portfolio includes wells research and new technologies in wells construction, intelligent completion, digitalization, and artificial intelligence for wells and wells abandonment.
- The Wells Research Engineer will be responsible to lead planning and execution of wells R&D and technology projects and provide operators/content knowledge and technical advice to external partners in academia and service companies who are co-development partners of the projects.
- Lead the technical and HSSE management of relevant service provider contracts and support the contracting and procurement strategy. Collaborate with contractors regarding performance, safety, variances, etc. as needed.
- Actively drive the identification, development, and implementation of new technologies and the opportunities to optimize field operations.
- Responsible for managing the budget, schedule, contract, and supplier interfaces.
- Opportunity to develop and field trial next generation new technologies in shallow and deepwater fields.
- Meeting ANP levy regulation requirement and compliance.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Brazil, Shell has been present for more than a century (since 1913), and was the first international oil company to produce oil in Brazil, in the Campos Basin, after the market was opened up to private investment. Currently, Shell is one of the largest energy companies in the Brazilian market.
Shell in Brazil is also a major producer of lubricants and, through Raízen (a joint venture with a Brazilian energy and logistics group), invests in the production of sugar cane ethanol, a viable biofuel alternative for smarter and cleaner mobility in the future.
We deliver energy responsibly, aiming to meet society's energy demands today and in the future in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact.
We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Degree in mechanical engineering, petroleum engineering, computer, and other discipline engineering.
- Oil and gas industry professional with a minimum of 10 years experiences in Well Engineering, Wells Technology or Completions product development/operations. Offshore field experience as a supervisor preferred.
- Innovative mindset and ability to lead research and technology development projects through external collaboration.
- Knowledge of ANP levy regulation preferred, not required
- Strong desire to step up, take responsibility and adapt or challenge new ways of working.
- Solid skills in project management, contract delivery.
- Good communication (both English and Portuguese), networking and interpersonal skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.