Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pasadena, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Maintenance Supervisor located in Pasadena, Texas through 5/29/19at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to
- Ensures continuous reinforcement of health, safety, environmental values, Chevron Way behaviors and performance to maintain Incident Free Operation.
- Applies the Chevron Tenets of Operation to planning, scheduling and execution of maintenance activities.
- Supports and enforces management objectives, directives and guidelines during daily interaction within the contractual limits of a represented workforce.
- Interfaces with Engineering, Operators, Maintenance, Construction Contractors, and Management to complete work Incident and Injury free, on time and on budget.
- Performs special assignments on plant turnarounds and capital projects.
- Supports updating of standards and procedures. Makes recommendations for the improvement of maintenance practices, use of materials and inspection techniques.
- Monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for routine maintenance planning, scheduling and execution.
- Maintenance Supervisor / Company Representative responsibilities include coordinating, directing, and executing maintenance activities. Provides work direction for both hourly mechanics and contractor supervision in the execution of maintenance activities. Resolves daily problems with planning, scheduling, safety, manpower and equipment issues in the execution of maintenance.
- Planner responsibilities include reviewing work requests, making initial investigations, and working with Operations on job prioritization. Estimates resource requirements, determines project task durations and material requirements. Evaluates hazards, safety concerns and specialty equipment needed to execute maintenance work.
- Scheduler responsibilities include building schedules for routine, project or turnaround activities based on the refinery operating demands, the criticality of the equipment or system, the assigned priority of the work and the required completion or regulatory compliance date. Ensures that materials and other needed items are present at job locations. Utilizes either Maximo or Primavera as a scheduling tool.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years refining or petrochemical maintenance experience
- Minimum of 4 years of personnnel supervision experience
- Working knowledge of refinery maintenance, planning, scheduling and execution disciplines.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Successful candidate may be required to work relief or off-shift hours depending on need.
- Minimum of 3 years Construction management experience.
- Working knowledge of the Refinery CMMS system (IBM Maximo) Planning and Scheduling functionalities.
- 5+ years building and executing schedules using Primavera in a refinery.
- Experience in planning, estimating, scheduling and work package development experience on multiple maintenance turnarounds including high-complexity, multiprocess unit events involving major capital project scope.
- Demonstrated prior related experience is highly desirable, and will be a major factor in the evaluation of candidates.
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.