Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kenedy, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Marathon Oil Corporation is an international energy company engaged in exploration and production. Marathon Oil has a major leasehold position in the core of the Eagle Ford Shale formation in South Texas. The Company holds acreage in the Eagle Ford, focusing on Atascosa, DeWitt, Gonzales, and Karnes counties.
Marathon Oil is looking for an HES Professional for our Kenedy,TX location as part of our Eagle Ford shale resource play. The successful candidate will support these operations by applying technical health, safety and risk mitigation knowledge, assisting operations with implementation of health and safety policies/procedures and programs, coaching to improve safety leadership and integrity of safety processes, providing consistent guidance on issues, and promoting knowledge sharing with other Marathon Oil business components. Regular travel to local field locations and offices including San Antonio, Pleasanton and Gonzales may be required.
- Works in the field with Leadership, employees and contractors regarding health and safety requirements and coaches them on their specific responsibilities. Addresses specific questions on HES&S processes, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Provides onsite safety support for work in the field including hazard evaluation, coaching and safe work permitting. Works with personnel to drive continuous improvement in HES culture.
- Supports field level HES&S meetings through development, scheduling and presentation. Conducts HES&S Orientations as needed.
- Assess safety processes in the field to identify gaps and coach for continuous safety improvement.
- Assumes position in on-call rotation, able to respond and in compliance with Company's alcohol policy.
- Advises field leadership on life critical activities such as confined space entry, hot work, high H2S situations, etc.
- Understand, interpret and clearly communicate regulations and corporate policies. Collaborate with other HES representatives to share best practices, corrective actions, and process improvements.
- Assist and/or leads the review of incidents and near misses in order to communicate prevention and improvement measures. Lead, assist or provide guidance for incident investigations as needed.
- Understand the importance of Contractor Management in order to provide direction to and develop a close working relationship with contractor personnel in the field.
- Support emergency preparedness and response efforts and assist operations with response drills.
- Participate in field audits and provide feasible solutions for any deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with a Health, Safety or Environmental discipline
- Knowledge of HES management systems, behavior based safety, hazard identification, risk assessment, incident investigation methods and HES leadership concepts beneficial.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Any professional HES Certifications (e.g., ASP, CSP, CIH, OHST, PE, etc.) beneficial.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Kenedy || TX || United States (US) || SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Health, Environment, Safety and Security || Not Applicable || || 29981 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.