Skills: Chemical Engineering, Production Engineering, Production Testing
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for an Offshore Chemist to work FIFO (even roster). This role will be an ongoing contract position working with a leading Oil & Gas organization based out of Western Australia.
- Monitor all offshore production chemical programs to assess the impact on production, integrity and environmental parameters
- Perform on-going optimization of production chemical programs
- Undertake hydrocarbon, water and gas sampling for routine laboratory analysis following approved procedures
- Perform laboratory analysis of hydrocarbon, water and gas samples following approved procedures
- Maintain laboratory equipment and internal system.
- Manage site inventories of production and laboratory chemicals.
- Assist with troubleshooting and diagnosis of production upsets and issues.
- Undertake chemical field trials as required to contribute to the overall production chemistry optimisation work scope
- Liaise with field Operational personnel to communicate daily tasks and progress status of longer term activities
- Oil and Gas - Production Chemist experience (preference to offshore work exp)
- Strong focus on all aspects of HSE
- Proficient knowledge of product segments and proper application of production chemicals
- Understanding of production processes and systems from downhole to pipeline distribution
- Proficient use of computer based programs related to application of products
- Ability to work and communicate well with others
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.