Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Mechanical Engineer for Sustaining is an excellent opportunity to work on exciting technology at the core of the Wireline portfolio. Technical challenges include improving reliability while reducing Cost of Service Delivery, as both are key to Schlumberger. There are also many opportunities for rapid response projects as the field develops novel applications for the MDT service. This position directly reports to the Sustaining manager for Formation Evaluation, Wireline in Sugar Land, Texas.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible technologies include:
- MDT - Modular Formation Dynamic Tester, Wireline Formation Tester
- FTNG - New Generation of Wireline Formation Tester
- Support the modernization of MDT through maintenance transformation and Digital Platform initiatives
- Work closely with other sustaining team members, including Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Designer, Technician, Field Service Quality, and InTouch, as well as regular interaction with Quality, Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
- Leverage expertise of failure analysis labs, technical services, and the CPEs as applicable to the various technical challenges encountered in sustaining investigations or projects.
- Field support includes collaborating with the field on failure investigations, implementing corrective actions, cost reduction analysis and initiatives, and analyzing/optimizing the maintenance program.
- Manufacturing support includes manufacturing support for technical issues, vendor support (i.e. technical questions, issues with parts), and developing strategies for repair of aging field parts.
- Mechanical components on the tool to support include: motors, pumps, various hydraulic components and systems, complex machined hydraulic blocks, welding, elastomers (formation communication), etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS / MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 4 to 7 years of relevant experience
Schlumberger is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.