Minimum Essential Qualifications
- Implementation and design of local and wide area network infrastructure and application components.
- Maintain a robust, detailed understanding of routing protocols, network security best practices and standards.
- Interface with, lead, and direct telecom vendors as needed to complete network related tasks and projects as required.
- Provide real-time network system support to internal and if needed external customers.
- Lead job assignments without direct supervision.
- Evaluate technical specifications for business requirements.
- Develop and implement efficient and cost-effective solutions.
- Serve as a liaison between the business and technical support staff when and as needed.
- C ultivate good working relationships with the business.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business goals and information needs.
- Mentor and share expertise with junior members of the Network team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Management Information Systems or related degrees or related years of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience maintaining local and wide area network infrastructure.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of OSI model and related concepts.
- Robust understanding of common network routing and switching protocols.
- Ability to be on rotating 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Ability to conceptualize and assimilate data and present proposals in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Ability to ask clarifying/probing questions of business customers.
- Ability to adapt effectively to new and changing environments.
- Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Prior work experience - fulltime, part-time, internships in an IT related field. Ability and willingness to travel to remote company field locations and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Driven, self-starter with can-do attitude who constantly works to provide great service.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.