Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
E ssential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research and develop new algorithms in seismic imaging, inversion and model building.
- Adapt recent innovations from computing technology, applied mathematics in seismic prospecting.
- Investigate the geophysical integrity of development software product.
- Optimize new and existing processing software for production.
- Present results at internal and external conferences and at client meetings.
- Provide support to operation teams.
Qualifications and Experience:
- PHD in computational Physics/Chemistry/Applied Math/Geophysics or equivalent knowledge level.
- Strong background in applied mathematics/physics/geophysics, especially in inverse problems, numerical inversion, numerical simulation, linear and nonlinear solvers, and optimization.
- Good programing proficiency required, parallel computing, performance profiling and optimization.
- Good programming skills e.g., C++, C, Fortran, Cuda, Python, LAPACK, ScaLAPACK, MPI, OpenMP
- Good oral and written communication skills:
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.