Skills: Research & Development, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Not everyone can do this job; but we're not looking for just anyone. Handle everything from diagnosis to development as a Halliburton Principal Electrical/Electronics Technical Professional. Your proven skills in electrical engineering will be applied to analysis, design, modification and testing of electrical and electronic hardware and firmware for down-hole tools and surface systems. Prepare to work on several projects or highly complicated projects that require a creative, independent hand. Develop specifications, process study, research investigations, and report preparation. Provide technical guidance and leadership to other personnel involved in developing new approaches to problems.
Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or similar discipline, and 7 years of related experience. Completion of a Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering or similar discipline is preferred. Candidates with more experience & skills may be considered for higher positions.
- Proficiency in Electrical Integration and testing.
- Proficiency troubleshooting complex electrical systems.
- Proficiency in processing laboratory and field data.
- Experience designing laboratory tests, using test equipment and analyzing results.
- Excellent written and verbal English-language communication skills.
- Ability to interact with teams characterized by diverse technical focus.
- Highly motivated and possessing an ability to quickly learn new concepts.
- Ability to test or analyze the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
- Documentation of design and testing.
- Wireline tool development or field experience of at least 2 years.
- Experience with automation of electrical testing.
Position Description and Responsibilities
Under broad direction, provides expertise and guidance in analysis, modification and designs for multiple projects and/or projects of great complexity. Requires the ability to trade off innumerable, complex, highly interdependent variables and make timely decisions. Considered a subject matter expert in the application of standard electrical/electronic components. Investigates use of alternate components and provides input on strategic sourcing of same. Organizes, structures and completes projects in an independent manner or may lead design teams. Provides consultation and technology transfer to internal and external peers. Documents technology transfers when appropriate. Provides expert technical advice on electrical and/or electronic hardware and/or firmware design, modification, testing and support of downhole tools and surface systems. This may include analog and digital circuitry, power transmission and distribution, signal and communications systems. Functions as a technical specialist who makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have a far reaching impact on extensive engineering and related activities of the company. Develop specifications, process study, research investigations, and report preparation. Provide leadership in technical solutions, new approaches to problems encountered. At this level individual demonstrates creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving engineering problems in the most efficient and economical manner. Incorporates reliability, HSE and Quality analysis during the design and test process. Job role contributes directly to value creation.
Duties will include:
- Lead the design of electrical systems architecture of the wireline tool and define sub-components. Define functional requirements and owner of electrical wiring diagram at product level.
- Primary contact point for sub-system integration, ensuring proper understanding of interface requirements between different subject-matter experts (hardware, firmware, software). Track and/or execute on sub-system verification plans and ensure documented results meet requirements.
- Identify test setups & equipment needed for validation of the tools and develop the test facility
- Close collaboration with Systems Engineering and/or Technical Service to propose system-level verification test cases. Execute on system-level testing, and deliver on a validated system for commercialization. Ensure proper review and documentation is carried out.
- Independently troubleshoot integration issues faced by a complex system for wireline application, which is potentially multiple-disciplinary (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, Physics). Strong fundamentals in electronics systems and working knowledge of standard lab equipment (scopes, DMM, power supplies, etc.) is much preferred. Working knowledge in the following domains is a plus: embedded systems, telecommunications, electromechanical systems, PCBA designs (analog, mixed-signals, digital, low-power to kW power electronics)
- Local champion in reliable systems, with specific considerations to Wireline. Incorporate both industrial and internal best practices for data-driven analysis to quantify as well as predict reliability and performance. Applicable experience in inferential statistics is a big plus.
- Leader in commercialization process through early and close collaboration with Supply Chain function. Experience in BOM and documentation change management, component lead time resolution, and manufacturing qualification process is a plus.
- Lead periodic lab safety inspections and job safety assessments and drive actions to make workplace safe.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rua Paulo Emidio Barbosa 485, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, 21941-907, Brazil
Requisition Number: 74845
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.