Instrumentation and Controls Planner
Our Client is currently seeking an Instrumentation and Controls Planner for a contract position until the end of the year (opportunity to extend beyond) near Nanticoke Ontario Job Responsibilities
- Liaise with customers, vendors, engineers, and other disciplines as required.
- Participate in HAZOP/ LOPA reviews and in other technical, constructability and quality reviews
- Assist in the Design, Review and Approval of Instrumentation related engineering deliverables, i.e. instrument indexes, installation details, location drawings, datasheets, wiring drawings, loop drawings, P&ID's, material requisitions, evaluation of alternatives and selection of instruments, calculations (control valve, flow elements, pressure safety valves), document control logs, bill of materials and instrument change approvals.
- Support project Acceptance Testing (AT) including: reviewing procedures, assigning resources, periodically attending AT, and adjust commissioning scope to integrate AT successes and deficiencies.
- Develop, track, and adjust commissioning execution schedule.
- 10+ years of closely related professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Turnaround/Shutdown experience
- Experience in selection, application, and ISA data sheet specification of hardware including pressure/ temperature /level instruments, control valves, shutdown valves, and fire/gas detection
- Proficient in data collection and analysis with common database and software data analysis tools such as SAP, Analytics for Excel and Tableau
- P6 (Primavera) knowledge an asset - DCS/Triconex/PLC/Bentley
- Nevada/Compressor Controls knowledge would be an asset
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.