Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley are recruiting for 2 Maintenance Instrument Technicians for our Conoco Phillips O&M Project.
The positions will be offshore based until around 01/09 with shuttling to the satellite platforms from the offshore asset then once decommissioning comes to a certain point (likely to be 01/09) it will then be based from a hotel in Norwich with Shuttling daily from Norwich Airport.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician - Instrument
Duration: 2 Years
- To execute all activities safely and efficiently to agreed work plans, safety management system requirements and best working practices.
- Carrying out planned maintenance in accordance with the requirements of the planned maintenance system.
- Assisting with the coordination of spare parts requirements and the optimisation of spares stack levels
- Carrying out unplanned maintenance as required
- Minimising downtime and contributing to the achievement of production targets
- Preparing technical reports as required
- Fault finding and rectification for instrumentation systems
- Carrying out isolations of instrument and control systems
- Holding special responsibility for the maintenance of fire and gas detection and alarm systems
- Inspection and maintenance of instrumentation equipment in hazardous areas
- Carrying out emergency response duties as required by the OIM/Site Manager
- Participate in business continuous improvement initiatives
Required qualifications / certification:
- Recognised Instrument Apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme
- HNC in Control/ Instrumentation Engineering (Post 2009 apprenticeships)
- NVQ/SVQ Level 3 certification or equivalent in Maintenance
- COMPEX 01- 04 (Hazardous Areas)
- Minimum SBT01&02 (must be current i.e. within previous 12 months) or current TSBT01&02
- Pressure hydro testing certificate
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills:
- Motivated and eager to contribute to continuous improvement both at a personal level and at a platform team level.
- Adhere to SHE principles, demonstrating commitment to safety through language, willingness to learn, behaviour and actions, complying with Worley safety practices and committed to zero tolerance of unsafe acts
- Good verbal, written and problem solving skills
- Good IT skills, building on existing proficiency and developing competence in the Company's and/or Client's CMMS
- Thorough and reliable worker showing attention to detail and a focus on achieving objectives in the most safe and efficient manner
- Deal with third parties in a professional manner
- Must be able to work flexibly as part of a team on own initiative, with little supervision
- Willing to work offshore rota and shift system
- Must work at all times in the best interest of Worley and comply with the requirements of the Company's and/or the Client's Safety Management System (SMS)
- Able to carry out all activities safely and efficiently to agreed work plans, safety management system requirements and best working practices as required by supervisor
- Able to complete work history / reports to the required standard as outlined by supervisor
- Isolating and de-isolating instrumentation and control equipment in accordance with the site electrical safety rules (client and /or Worley)
- Must have the necessary competencies in instrument discipline to carry out routine, corrective, breakdown and condition based maintenance.
- Able to carry out fault finding and installation, isolation and re-instatement of offshore equipment
- Ability to carry out work-site inspections
- Able to read, interpret and mark up instrumentation technical schematic drawings to as built status