- Safe plant operation through field activities. All operations done in field should be as intended.
- He is responsible for field preparation for equipment handover to maintenance, clearing permits in the field before start of maintenance activity.
- Limited Trouble shooting in the field by conscious field action.
- Plays a critical role during emergency as he is the communication focal point during emergency. In emergency situation he looks after safe plant shutdown handling all communication at the same time (both internal & external)
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements
- Diploma/ B Sc. With minimum 04 yrs experience out of which at least one year operation in hydrocarbon plant. He should understand Shell safe system of work, Hazards & Effect Management. Should be aware of groups' & and companies' policy & objectives. Diploma trainees hired directly by the company are specialized in the operations system of the plant and can be inducted to operations after two years of training.
- Incumbent should possess good understanding of hydrocarbon plant operation and various safety and process safety procedures, their effect of deviation on operations. Should possess good understanding of cryogenic liquid (LNG) handling and its effect on man and material. Should have awareness of design basis of the plant equipments, their functioning and various protections (cause & Effect, process control philosophy, controls & Emergency shutdowns). He should be conversant about the plant operating procedure for safe operation of the plant.
- Should have good communication skills and should have the ability to communicate clearly for daily plant operation as well as in case of emergency.
- Should be able to give inputs to improve good work instructions. And must have ability to understand criticality of his role defined in the work instruction.
- Should have the awareness about HAZOP, plant safety reviews, HSE CASE (HEMP) and their finding.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.